Bipin Chandra Tripathi Kumaon Engineering College, formerly Kumaon Engineering College (KEC), is an autonomous engineering and technology institute in the Almora district in state of Uttarakhand, India. The college was established by the then Govt. of Uttar Pradesh in 1986 and started functioning in 1991. Now institute is named after the renowned activist Bipin Chandra Tripathi. The institute is financed by the government of Uttarakhand and managed by the Board of Governors with the Minister of Technical Education Government of Uttarakhand. Originally affiliated to Kumaun University, it is now affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University.
Kumaon Engineering College (KEC) provides the student with the degrees in the following discipline:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biochemical Engineering
- Master of Computer Applications
Apart from all these Undergraduate & Postgraduate courses, the college also provides the students with the CCNA and Oracle (scheduled) courses.
The Kumaon Engineering College is divided into six departments:
- Applied Science Department
- Computer Science Department
- Electronics Department
- Mechanical Department
- Biochemical Department
- Administration Department