Dehradun Institute of Technology (DIT) is an engineering college in Uttarakhand, India. DIT is a technical institute offering undergraduate and post-graduate programmes in several streams of Engineering, IT and Management. It has over 2,300 students.
Dehradun Institute of Technology established in 1998 is the largest project of Unison Group. The other projects of the group are I.M.S. Noida, IMS Dehradun, DIT-Faculty of Architecture, DIT-Faculty of Pharmacy, Unison School of Law and Unison World School.
The Group aims at creating knowledge centers in the field of Education, Training, Research and Consultancy services thereby creating and adding value to the Corporate, Society, Community and the nation at large. To further this objective new projects have been conceived in the area of BioTechnology, Medicine, Journalism and Information Technology.
DIT is owned by Anuj Agarwal, a businessman of Dehradun. DIT, which is a Unison Group institute is funded by World Bank.
Courses and Programs in DIT Dehradun Institute of Technology
DIT Dehradun is a proud host to an array of courses offered under one roof. It provides a high quality and stimulating learning atmosphere that demands managing of a modern organization through an environment which helps you achieve your full potential during your time with us. Together, we have laid the foundation and built a structure that should serve as a successful landmark for years to come. Our aim is to allow every student flourish in to young entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
Studying after your 10 + 2 is a big decision. That is why, at DIT, we not only offer the most comprehensive range of professionally run courses, but also aim to provide the best, most fulfilling learning experience. Committed to supporting every student throughout their time with us – and celebrating in their success – we achieve excellent placements and know exactly how to help make those long-term ambitions come true.
Below is the detailed list of courses offered at DIT and their respective admission procedures.
|DIT Post Graduate Courses|
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA) – 120 Seats||Master of Business Administration (MBA) – 60 Seats|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)(Second Shift) – 60 Seats||M. Pharma (Pharmaceutics) (Second shift) – 18 Seats|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Thermal Engineering 18 Seats
- Computer Science and Engineering 18 Seats
- Digital Communication 18 Seats
- Information Security and Management ( Second Shift) 18 Seats
- Wireless and mobile communication (Second Shift) 18 Seats
- Power Electronics and Drives(Second Shift) 18 Seats
|DIT Under Graduate Courses|
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Computer Science & Engineering 120 Seats
- Computer Science & Engineering(Second Shift) 60 Seats
- Electronics & Communication Engineering 120 Seats
- Electronics & Communication Engineering(Second Shift) 60 Seats
- Mechanical Engineering 120 Seats
- Electrical Engineering 60 Seats
- Electrical Engineering(Second Shift) 60 Seats
- Applied Electronics and Instrumentation 60 Seats
- Information Technology 120 Seats
- Industrial & Production Engineering 60 Seats
- Civil Engineering 60 Seats
- Petroleum Engineering 60 Seats
|Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) 40 Seats
Bachelor of Architecture-B.Arch (Second Shift) 40 Seats
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) 60 Seats
Some Facts about DIT Dehradun
- Ranked 67th in India and 2nd in Uttarakhand after IIT Roorkee-survey by Data Quest.
- ISO 9001-2000 certified institute since 2001.
- The only self-financed institute selected by World Bank for TEQIP program in the State of Uttarakhand.
- The only self financed institute in Uttarakhand accredited by AICTE for admissions of Foreign Students.
- Wi-Fi campus with 12 Mbps internet connectivity.
- Member of CII and ASSOCHAM; founding member of FICCI-HEN (Higher Educational Network).
- Accredited by TCS in 2008.
- Campus Connect Institution of INFOSYS.
- State-of-the-art laboratories such as FMS, EDM, Mechatronics etc. in various departments.
- US Satellite Education Information Center for Students Counseling for Education abroad.
- MOU with foreign universities for exchange program and R&D Activity-Gannon University, North Dakota State University, Kansas State University, North Carolina State University, Huddersfield University .
- 24 hour library facility.
- Collaborations with industries for close interaction.
Location of DIT Dehradun Institute of Technology
DIT is located at Dehradun, approximately 240 k.m. northwest of New Delhi. The campus is on Dehradun Mussoorie Road (northbound), approximately 10 k.m. from the hustle bustle of Dehradun and just about 20 k.m. short of Mussoorie. It can be conveniently reached by car or by public transport. There is a bus terminal for local buses and the ones headed for Mussoorie and the hills. The nearest Railway Station, the Dehradun Station, is less than 30 minutes away from the campus.
Campus Life in Dehradun Institute of Technology
he institute has a full fledged on campus hostel facility for boys and girls. To cater to the accommodation needs of students, the institute has boys hostel blocks with a capaicity of over 800 students and a girls hostel block with a capacity of over 300 students.
Facilities available in DIT Dehradun Uttarakhand
Hostel, Canteen, Banking Facility, Medical Attention, Internet Facility, Gymnasium, Communication and Transport Facility, On-Line Fee Deposit System, Digital Identities, Full Automation of the Institute, Video Conferencing Equipment, PCO, Language Lab, Post Office, Telemetry Lab, Microcontroller Lab, Information Technology Department, Power Electronics & Electric Drives Lab, Control Engineering Lab, Electronic Lab, Industrial & Production Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Facilities
Contact Address of Dehradun Institute of Technology for 2013 Admissions, 2013 Results and other Information related Exam Dates 2013
Dehradun Institute of Technology
Mussourie-Diversion Road, Makkawala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand-248009, India
0135 - 3000300, 3000301, 2735590