The idea of Doon University draws its elements from huge deficit that the state of Uttarakhand has been experiencing in the area of excellence in higher education. The Doon University Bill, 2005 (Uttaranchal Adhiniyam Sankhaya 18 of 2005) was passed by the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly and assented to by the Governor on April 23, 2005. It was published in the Uttarakhand Gazette on April 26, 2005. On 9th May 2009 its statutes were approved and the University going to start its first academic session on 6th August 2009. The spirit of the Act is to create an autonomous and accountable institution of higher learning. Accordingly the University intends to impart socially and economically relevant education. It also aims to provide lead in frontier areas of research and methods of pedagogy. Indeed the mandate is huge and challenging.
Vision and Mission of the Doon University
In accordance with the provision in Section 5(1) of the Act, Doon University shall become a Centre of Excellence in the chosen areas of studies, and shall carry out research for the advancement and dissemination of knowledge. Such an effort shall be benchmarked with the best in the country and globally.
Doon University Departments
- M.Sc. Environmental Studies
- M.Sc. Natural Resource Management
- MA Communication/ Five year integated MA programme
- MA Economic/ 5 years integrated MA Programme
- MA Languages
- School of Environment and Natural Resources (SENR)
- School Of Communication
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Languages
- School of Management
Academic Programmes and Courses in Doon University
- Msc.- Environment Science(Environment Studies) and Msc.-Environmental Science(Natural Resource Management)
- MA Communication / 5 years Integrated MA Programme
- MA Languages
- PhD Environment Studies & NRM
- PGD Course in Security Management
Doon University 2014 Results
The results of Doon University for 2014 Exams, exntrance examinations and results will be updated here:
- SOL Result
- SOM Result
- SOSS Result
- SENR Result
- SOC Result
- Result of Entrance Test of Doon University held in 2012
- Entrance Result-Integrated M.A. Language- 5 -Year-Course
- Entrance Result- Integrated M.Sc. Economics- 5 Year Course
- Entrance Result- Integrated MA Communication
- Entrance Result-M.A. Economies- 2 Years
- Entrance Result- MSc. -Environmental Sciences
- Entrance Result- M.A. – Communication (2 Years)
Admissions in Doon University
Rules for Admission
- All student admissions to various programmes of study shall be based on an Entrance Examination.
- Merit list of candidates for various academic programmes shall be displayed on the Notice-Boards and the University’s Website. Intimation shall be sent to the Candidates called for Admission.
- The selected students shall be required to get their admission completed by the dates given in the Prospectus. If a candidate fails to complete the admission formalities by the prescribed dates, he/she shall automatically forfeit his/her admission.
- If any information furnished by the candidate at the time of admission is found to be incorrect/ misleading the admission of a candidate may be cancelled at any time.
- Candidates convicted in criminal offence shall not be admitted to any academic programme offered by the University.
- All students shall be required to submit their Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate in original at the time of Admission. Failure to do so shall result in cancellation of admission.
- No student shall be allowed to take up job while pursuing a full time course. Also, no student, admitted to a Course in Doon University shall be allowed to pursue another course concurrently in other university.
- University shall recognise the School Leaving Certificates of Education Boards of the Centre as well as States and approved degrees of all Central Universities, State Universities, Institutions of National importance and private and foreign universities approved by the UGC.
Eligibility Criteria for admissions in Doon University:
Admission Procedure in DU (Doon University) Dehradun:
Doon University Facilities
- Hostel Facilities: Doon University is a residential University. Students are expected to stay in the Hostel unless permitted otherwise. The students are encouraged to stay in the Campus as they will be required to participate in group discussions and attend tutorials after the regular classes are over which will help the student to clarify any doubts in the courses and improve their interpersonal and communication skills. There are separate hostels for girls and boys.
- Banking facility: Banking facility with ATM will be available at the Campus very soon. All the students are required to carry their identity cards all the time.
- Medical Aid on campus: Adequate medical health facilities will be available to students at the Campus very soon.
- Extracurricular activities: Extracurricular activities/ Games and Sports/Cultural activities The University will encourage participation of students in sports and games for which adequate facilities will be available. Extracurricular activities such as literary, cultural, social, film, etc. are organized at the University level.