Graphic Era University (earlier known as Graphic Era Institute of Technology) is a private engineering institution in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. G.E.I.T. had a small beginning in 1993 as Graphic Era Computer Center. The school started offering courses in technology in 1998. In 2001, it started offering engineering courses in Computer Science, Information Technology and Electronics and Communication. Graphic Era University was accredited A grade by NAAC.
G.E.I.T offered its first graduate courses in the summer of 1998 when it introduced Bachelor’s of Computer Application (BCA) and Bachelors in Management and IT (BMIT). The classes were conducted from two classrooms and a computer lab in a small commercial building. The first batch graduated in 2001 with a degree in BCA or BMIT.
Graphic Era University is “Declared as Deemed University U/S 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide Notification F.9-48/2007-U.3(A) dated August 14, 2008 and Approved by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.”
Graphic Era University Education Departments and Academics
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Management Studies
- School of Hotel Management & Hospitality
Courses and Programs from Graphic Era University
Graphic Era University invites applications for admission to following programmes
|School of Engineering and Technology|
|B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Big Data Analytics||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Cloud Computing||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering Electronic System Design & Manufacturing||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B. Tech (Information Technology)||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B. Tech Mechanical Engineering||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B.Tech (Electrical Engineering)||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B.Tech (Petroleum Engineering)||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B.Tech (Automobile Engineering)||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|B.Tech (Biotechnology)||4 Years||10+2 with PCM/ PCB||JEE/ 10+2|
|Bachelor of Computer Application(B.C.A)||3 Years||10+2 with Maths||Merit list prepared on the basis of qualifying examination.|
|Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) B.Sc. (IT)||3 Years||10+2||Merit list prepared on the basis of qualifying examination.|
|B. Tech (Civil Engineering)||4 Years||10+2 with PCM||JEE/ 10+2|
|Computer Sc. & Engg (Full Time)||2 Years||MCA / B.Tech. (EC/IT/CS) / M.Sc. (CS)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Computer Sc. & Engg (Part Time)||3 Years||MCA / B.Tech. (EC/IT/CS) / M.Sc. (CS)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Bio Informatics||2 Years||BTech or M.Sc. (BI/ BT/ CHE/ IT/ CS), B.Pharma, B.Vsc/ MBBS, MLLT||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Bio Technology||2 Years||Msc(agriculture Engg)
|Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Geo-Informatics||2 Years||B.Tech (CE/ AE/ GI/ CS/ EC/ IT), B.Sc.(4 YEARS)-Forestery/ Horticulture/ Geograpgy, M.Sc/ MA (Geology/ Applied Geology/ Gephysics/ Geography/ GI/ Phycics/ Maths/ Oceanography/ Eniviornmental Science)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|VLSI Design and System||2 Years||B.Tech. (EC/Telecom Engg/EEE) / M.Sc. (Electronics)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Design Engineering Part Time||3 years||B. Tech (ME/IP/PE/Automobile)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Control System||2 Years||B.Tech. (EC/EEE/ICE/EE) / M.Sc. (Electronics/Physics)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|CAD/CAM & Robotics||2 Years||B.Tech. (ME/IP/PE/Automobile)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Communication System||2 Years||B.Tech. (EC/EEE/Telecom Engg) / M.Sc. (Electronics)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Computer Network & Engg||2 Years||MCA / B.Tech. (EC/IT/CS) / M.Sc. (CS)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Structural Engineering||2 Years||B.Tech. (CE) / B.E. (CE)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||2 Years||B.Tech. (EC/IT/EEE/ICE)||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|High Performance Computing||2 Years||B.Tech. (CS/IT/EC) / M.Sc. (CS) / MCA||Valid GATE Score/Merit|
|Chemistry. Hotel Management, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Physics, ECE, ME, CE, EE, Biotechnology, CSE, Computer Application||–||Masters Degree||GATE/ NET/ SLET|
|Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.)||3 years||Graduation in any stream with Maths at (10+2) level or at Graduation level||UPTU-SEE/ UTU-SEE/ Merit of Qualifying Exam|
|School of Management Studies|
|B.Com (Honors)||3 Years||10+2 in any stream with min. 50% marks||Merit of Qualifying Exam and Personal Interview|
|B.B.A||3 Years||10+2 in any stream with min. 50% marks||Merit of Qualifying Exam and Personal Interview|
|MBA||2 Years||Graduation in any stream With min. 50% marks||Merit list prepared on the basis of CAT/MAT/XAT score followed by GD and PI|
|Ph.D Management Studies||–||Masters Degree||GATE/ NET/ SLET|
|Courses of Allied Sciences|
|M.Sc – Biotechnology||2 Years||BSc (Biotech / CBZ)||Merit on the basis of qualifying Exam|
|M.Sc – Microbiology||2 Years||B.Sc. (Microbiology / Biochemistry / CBZ / Biotechnology)||Merit on the basis of qualifying Exam|
|School of Hotel Management & Hospitality|
|Certificate in Hotel and Hospitality Management (C.H.H.M)||6 month||10+2||Any Stream|
|MBA (Hospitality Management)||2 Years||Graduation in any stream||Merit on the basis of qualifying Exam|
|B.Sc. (Hotel Management and Catering Technology)||3 Years||10+2 in any stream||Merit on the basis of qualifying Exam|
Specializations Offered for MBA programme: Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management, International Business, Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Management.
Graphic Era University Infrastructure and Facilities
GRAPHIC ERA UNIVERSITY residing in a 30 acres campus, has carved out for itself a big name all over the country & is recognized as a premier educational institute of India. It abounds in well equipped & sophisticated laboratories, well stocked libraries to enhance & facilitate the entire teaching and learning process in tune with the noble ambition & aspirations of Shri Kamal Ghanshala to keep the institution ever growing & developing continuously so as to become as big as the ocean.
- Classrooms: Set in the ambience of tranquility the state of the art Classrooms and the Lecture Theatres are equipped with LCD Projectors, Networked Computers, Intelligent whiteboards and above all adept teachers make the classroom experience highly educational. The designs and concept of the rooms have ensured natural sound proofing and clear visibility for all.
- Laboratories: The state-of-the-art laboratories in GRAPHIC ERA UNIVERSITY facilitate the training and teaching of student in various streams. The labs cater to the needs of the students studying in respective departments. Our laboratories comply with the International standards which help the students to be well conversant with the various instruments. By handling the most sophisticated equipments, the students build up a high confidence level, which benefit them in the long run.
- Conference Hall: Four well equipped air conditioned conference halls, one each in separate blocks with adjustable lighting and the State-of-the- Art Audio-Video facility, muted air conditioning, LCD projectors and a seating capacity in a “U” shaped formation makes it an ideal centre where necessity blended with luxury co-exist.
- Guest House: A guest house comprising of 12 AC and Non-AC rooms is available within the campus to the guardians on actual availability basis on nominal charges.
- Workshop: The high roof workshop consists of shops in the field of fitting, carpentry, machine, smithy, forging, welding, Tin-smithy, foundry and Pattern making. Mechanical Machine Shop is equipped with Central Lathes, Shaping Machines, Drilling Machines, Electrical shops is fitted with both AC and DC motors, Generators and Alternators with instruments for Circuit and Systems labs.
- Computer Centre: State of art technology centre has 11 servers with over 2002 computers connecting all buidings of the campus.
- Library: The central library covers an area of 20000 sq ft with sitting capacity of 300 students. The digital library has more than 1200 National and International journals with thousands of publications.
- Internet: The university has VSAT providing 2 mbps speed internet all the time. All premises in the campus has well internet connectivity.
- Campus: The university campus has best in class indoor and outdoor sports facilities, transport with pick up facility, restaurant and cafeteria, medical, banking and STD-Photocopy.
- Hostel: There are separate hostels for boys and girls with best in class facilities. With capacity to accommodate over 1500 students, each hostel has mess, well furnished rooms, 24 hrs security, electricity and water supply, physical training and yoga facility, laundry and other facilities.