Gurukul Kangri University or Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya is a deemed University located in the city of Haridwar in the Indian state of Uttarakhand.
The Institution was founded on March 4, 1902 by Swami Shraddhanand (1856-1926), a member of the Arya Samaj, with the aim of reviving the ancient Hindu educational system of residential schools or gurukuls imparting esoteric knowledge under the direct guidance of a guru.
In 1962, it was accorded a Deemed University Status by University Grants Commission. In 1922, a sister-institution, the Kanya Gurukul Mahavidyalaya was founded at Dehradun by Acharya Ramdev as a second campus of women’s education, which shifted to its new campus alongside the Gurukul Kangri University in Haridwar in 1993.
The Gurukul Kangri university provides education in modern sciences, technology and management, as well as covering traditional subjects such as Vedic literature, Indian philosophy and culture.
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology provides B.Tech. degrees in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Faculty of Management Studies provides the following PG degree programs in the area of management, finance and economics, Master of Business Administration (MBA with electives in HR, Marketing, Finance, Production & IT), Master of Business Finance (with electives in Investment, Banking & Insurance) and Master of Business Economics
Achievements of Gurukul Kangri University
- Deemed University Status : The distinguished services of this institution to the nation were recognized when it was given the status of Deemed to be University in 1962 by University Grants Commission.
- Four Star Status : National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) has awarded four star status to the Vishwavidyalaya in 2002.
- Centenary Year : Vishwavidyalaya celebrated year 2002 as its centenary year. The Vishwavidyalaya has had phenomenal growth over the past 100 years and now offers 20 UG courses and 17 PG courses in different disciplines. Research facility leading to degree of Ph.D. is available in areas like Vedic literature, Sanskrit literature, Philosophy, Hindi, English, Psychology, Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology, Environmental Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Microbiology, Computer Sciences and Management Studies.
- Membership : Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya is a Registered autonomous institute. All the degrees conferred by Vishwavidyalaya are recognized by GOI/UGC. Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya is a pride member of Association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Governing Bodies of the Vishwavidyalaya
(a) Senate(Board of Directors)
(b) Syndicate(Board of Management)
(c) Academic Council
(d) Finance Committee
Gurukul Kangri Vishwvidyalaya Courses 2012
Under Graduate UG Courses
|Name Of Course||Admission Procedure|
|B..A(Alankar)- Veda||On Merit Basis|
|B.A (Alankar)- Jyotish Karamkand (Subject||On Merit Basis|
|Dharam Darshan Sanskriti (Subject)(DDS)||On Merit Basis|
|B.A-Sanskrit||On Merit Basis|
|Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology||On Merit Basis|
|Philosophy||On Merit Basis|
|Yoga & Human Consciousness Certificate in Yoga||On Merit Basis|
|B.P.Ed Physical Education & Sport||Entrance Examination of University|
|B.A-Faculty of Humanities Economics (Subject)||On Merit Basis|
|B.A-Faculty of Humanities Political Science (Subject)||On Merit Basis|
|B.A-Hindi||On Merit Basis|
|B.A-English||On Merit Basis|
|B.A-Psychology||On Merit Basis|
|BSc-Mathematics||On Merit Basis|
|BSc–Chemistry||On Merit Basis|
|BSc–Physics||On Merit Basis|
|BSc–Computer Science||On Merit Basis|
|BSc–Zoology||On Merit Basis|
|BSc–Botany & Microbiology||On Merit Basis|
|B.Tech-Faculty of Engineering & Technology (FET)-Self Finance||
|B.Pharm-Faculty of Ayurved and Medical Science (FAMS)||Entrance Examination of University|
|.A-KGM, Dehradun, Humanities ( -English, -Hindi , -Sanskrit )||On Merit Basis|
Post Graduate PG Courses
|Name Of Course||Admission Procedure|
|M.A-Veda||On Merit Basis|
|M.A-Jyotish Karamkand (Subject)||On Merit Basis|
|M.A-Sanskrit||On Merit Basis|
|M.A-Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology||On Merit Basis|
|M.A-Yoga & Human Consciousness + P.G. Diploma in Yoga||On Merit Basis|
|M.A-Hindi||On Merit Basis|
|M.A-English||On Merit Basis|
|M.A-Psychology||On Merit Basis|
|Computer Science (MCA)||Entrance Examination|
|Faculty of Management Studies (- MBA , -MBA (BE) , -MBA (BF),||Entrance Examination(MAT)|
|KGM, Dehradun, Humanities (-English , -Hindi , -Sanskrit )||On Merit Basis|
|KGM, Haridwar ( 30 in each Department) (-Sanskrit , -History , -Philosophy , -Hindi ,-English , -Chemistry , -Maths , -Physics , -Environmental Science , -Microbiology , -Psychology )||On Merit Basis|
|KGM, Dehradun, (MBA)||Entrance Examination(MAT)|
|KGM, Dehradun, (MCA)||Entrance Examination|
M.C.A./M.Sc.(Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,Environmental Science,Microbiology)/B.Pharm. /B.Pharm. II Year(Lateral Entry)/B.P.Ed.
PHD Admissions details:http://www.gkvharidwar.org/notices/phd/phd.html
Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Exams Results
Gurukul Kangri University has the following features and facilities:
- Colleges: It consists of six University Colleges, corresponding to different faculties.
- Faculties: Arts, Science, Oriental Studies, Management Studies, Technology.
- Academic Courses: Vedic 7 Classical Sanskrit Literature, General Science incl. Botany, Chemistry, Comp. Sc., Industrial Microbiology, Statistics, Maths, Zoology, Physics, Management, Computer Science.
- Degrees: Vidyalankar (equivalent to BA), BPED, BSc, MSc, B Tech and PhD in various Art and Science subjects.
- Library: 1,27,275 books and 308 subscribed periodicals.
- Enrollment: About 650, with 420 males and 230 females students.
- Vocational Courses: One year PG Diploma in Museology, Archaeology, Industrial Microbiology, Vocational Hindi & English.