HAMC&H emerged as a consequence of pain felt by its founders regarding the service and quality of Ayurveda which hurt them till the bottom of their soul. It is not merely an Institute, but a saga, a prayer made by its founders for the God Dhanwantari.
It is a noble attempt stream in the field of Ayurveda, contributing to the society and at the same time keeping its ancient soul alive. The institute emerged as result of joint efforts by Chief Patron Honorable Chairman, Honorable Secretary and other patrons under the shade of ‘Himalayiya Ayurvedic Yog Ewam Prakritik Chikitsa Sansthan‘ on 16 Feb, 2005.
Departments in HAMC Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College
- Department of Maulik Siddhant
- Departmentof Sharir Rachana
- Departmentof Sharir-Kriya
- Departmentof Rog Nidan
- Departmentof Agad Tantra & Vyavharayurveda
- Departmentof Swasthvritta
- Departmentof Dravyaguna
- Departmentof Ras-Shashtra & Bhaishajya Kalpana
- Departmentof Kaya Chikitsa
- Departmentof Panchkarma
- Departmentof Shalya Tantra
- Departmentof Shalakya Tantra
- Departmentof Stri-Roga & Prasuti Tantra
- Departmentof Bal Roga
Courses in Himalaya Ayurvedic Medical College 2013
B.A.M.S: Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
Approved by: Central Council of Indian Medicine, Deptt. of Ayush, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi & Govt of Uttarakhand.
Affiliated to: Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand.
Duration: 4.5 years and one year compulsory Rotatory Internship.
Eligibility: 10+2 Passed with Science & Biology as compulsory subject.
Age: Minimum 17 years as on 31st Dec in the year of Admission.
Seats Available: Fifty (50) seats in each session.
Admission Procedure for BAMS
1. 25 seats are filled by Pre-medical Entrance Exam conducted by the Govt. of Uttarakhand.
2. 25 seats are to be filled by Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Examination conducted by (CPMEE) Uttaranchal Council of Entrance Examination(UCEE).
D.PHARMA: Ayurveda (Bhaishajya – Kalpak)
Approved by: Deptt. of AYUSH, Govt. of Uttarakhand .
Affiliated to: Bhartiya Chikitsa Parishad, Uttarakhand.
Duration: Two years and two months Practical Training.
Eligibility: 10+2 Passed with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Domicile Of Uttarakhand.
Age: Minimum 17 years & Maximum 25 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
Seats Available: Fifty (50) in each session.
Admission Procedure for D Pharma
1. 25 seats to be filled by Bhartiya Chikitsa Parishad Uttarakhand.
2. 25 seats to be filled by the College Management.
For BAMS (Ayurvedacharya) Degree Course
for Management Quota Seat (25)
Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital Results: http://www.hamc.org.in/result.php
Curricular Activities HAMC
Students are encouraged to participate in a wide range of extra-curricular activities, organized by the institute. The institute organizes debates, mock interviews, presentations, group discussions, quizzing, seminars, case study, news analysis, industrial tours, field trips etc. for its students. Visit, to manufacturing plants commercial/service establishments are also arranged from time to time.
- Study Tours: Students are exposed to industries through organized tours for their overall understanding of business activities in related fields. This is aimed to keep students in constant touch with the actual practices followed in business organizations. They are also encouraged to take up research based projects from industries.
- Sports: The institute has one of the best infrastructure in the state for games and sports; both outdoor as well as indoor. There are Basketball court, Volleyball court, Badminton courts, facility for Hockey, Football, Cricket, recreational and relaxing center is made available to students. Students can unwind over healthy discussions whilst playing snooker as a billiards table is available.
Facilities in HAMC – Himalayiya Ayruvedic Medical College
- Herbal Garden: Set amidst the lush green atmosphere of Shyampur, HAMC&H covers around 10 acres of greens with its multi-storyed building furnished with all kinds of modern facilities.
- Classrooms: Huge spacious halls equipped with latest audio visual facilities serve the purpose of exchange of knowledge in an unobstrusive manner.
- Seminar Hall: There is a separate hall for holding seminars, conferences and guest lectures equipped with a LCD projector and a computer system.
- Library: A collection of around 10,000 books in a spacious hall to quench the quest of knowledge of upcoming doctors which accommodates 50 scholars at a time for learning in a calm and peaceful atmosphere.
- Hostel Facility: Separate hostels for boys and girls with good dwelling facilities.
- Security Guard: Equipped with full security system with on-duty guards providing ensured safety round the clock.
- Magazines: Mini library in each hostel with magazines and text books to help students in off hours and during holidays.
- Entertainments: Entertainment setup with TV, indoor and outdoor games to keep students physically fit and mentally sound and stay connected and up-todate.
- Food: Homely tasting, nutritious and hygienic food with water filter and water cooler.
- Transport: Free transport facility for hostel students. Separate buses for nearby towns viz . Haridwar, Rishikesh, Roorkee & Dehradun.
Location and How to reach HAMC Medical College
HAMC&H is located in Rishikesh. The holy town of religious and spritual lustory. Rishikesh hills of the Himalayas, gives 12 months relaxing. The medical College is 18 kms from Jolly Grant Airport, 4 kms from the Railway Station Raiwala and 8 kms from Bus Terminal Rishikesh.
By Air: Neareast airport jolly grant Airport,18 kms on the way to dehradun.
By Rail: Even though there is a branch line between Haridwar & Rishikesh & a shuttle of train operated for service. But the better way is to travel by road from Haridwar & Dehradun.
By Road: Rishikesh is connected by road via Haridwar & Dehradun to the various parts of the country. Regular bus service from the early morning to late evenings. There is also hourly bus service from delhi at a distance of about 6 hours.