SGRR (PG) College or Shri Guru Ram Rai Post Graduate College holds a distinct place in higher education institute in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. SGRR PG College is the part of SGRR Education Mission which, since 1952, has been providing quality education under the support of Darbar Shri Guru Ram Rai Sahib.
S.G.R.R. (P.G.) College was founded in 1960 by Brahmaleen Mahant Shri Indiresh Charandasji Maharaj to enable the meritorious but poor students of Uttaranchal and its neighboring states by providing them higher education at nominal cost. SGGR College started with only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) at graduate level, the college has made steady progress over the years. At present, apart from Physics, Chemistry and Maths, Botany, Geology and Zoology are being taught at graduate level, whereas in Arts stream Hindi Literature, English Literature, History, Sociology, Political Science and Economics are available for study.
With the opening of Agriculture Faculty, the profile of the college has been future enriched. P.G. Diploma Courses in Mass Communication and Tourism have started from this session. Besides this, B.Ed. classes are also likely to commence from this session.
About Darbar Sahib
Darbar Sahib is a 350 years old religious and philanthropic organization which is running nearly 120 English medium Public Schools all over North India, besides 7 Inter Colleges one P.G. College, premier professional Institute. Darbar Sahib makes a substantial contribution towards paying the tuition fees of the students of the college.
Shri Guru Ram Rai Education Mission (Established in 1952) a philanthropic organization is committed to the cause of promotion of education among the poor rural communities. The mission is also dedicated to provide and promote quality education at nominal cost, to the population, and development of well trained professional educationist’s manpower to serve the remote and poor population of Uttranchal and its neighboring states working towards the global goal of “EDUCATION –FOR- ALL”.
Departments in SGRR (PG) College, Dehradun
Faculty of Science
- B.Sc. — Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Botany, Geology, Zoology, Statistics, Geography, Defence & Strategic Studies, Economics
- M.Sc. — Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Botany, Geology, Zoology
Faculty of Arts
- B.A. — Hindi, English, History, Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Statistics, Geography, Defense and Strategic Studies
- M.A. — Hindi Literature, English Literature, Economics, History, Political Science
Faculty of Agriculture
- B.Sc. Agriculture 4 years programme
Faculty of Education
- B.Ed. – Bachelor in Education, Teacher Training
P.G. Diploma Course
- Mass Communication, Tourism
B Ed Programs at SGRR College
The college offers the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Program. The B.Ed. program is a 1-year degree course which leads to Trained Teacher Status (TTS). This is an ideal option for those who wish to make an impact as teachers, educational leaders, school administrators, school counselors, etc.
Admission Rules and procedures in SGRR (PG) College
B.A. and B.Sc Courses
Admission to B.A. Part I and B.Sc. Part I shall be given on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examinations.
Note: Students who have secured less than 45% marks in Intermediate examinations will not be considered for admission to B.Sc. Part I and those securing below 40% marks will not be considered for admission to B.A.-I.
- Students seeking admission shall have to present himself/herself before the Admission Committee concerned for interview alongwith all their original certificates and mark sheets.
- They must submit Migration certificate within one month from the date of admission if earlier enrolled in some other University.
Contact Address of Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College for 2013 Admissions, 2013 Results and other Information related Exam Dates 2013
Shri Guru Ram Rai PG College
Dehradun-248001, Uttarakhand, India