- Potatoes – 250 grams
- Onion – 50 grams
- Tomatoes – 100 grams
- Ginger – 2 cm piece (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Ghee – ¼ tea cup
- Put the frying pan on a moderate flame. Pour the ghee and allow it to get hot. Add cumin and fenugreek seeds in the hot oil. When the seeds start crackling add garlic cloves and chopped ginger.
- Stir-fry till the garlic and ginger turns slightly brownish. Now add chopped onion. Fry until onion becomes tender. Add red chili and turmeric powders, chopped tomatoes, and fry for a couple of minutes, till tomatoes become soft.
- Add one teacup of water, add pealed and big pieces of potatoes and garam masala and cook for about 10 minutes in moderate flame.
- Add 2-tea cup or more water and salt to taste and cook on slow fire for another 10 minutes until potatoes get tender. Remove from fire and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.