Hotel Booking and Cancellation Policy
Hotel Booking Process
There is always a gap from the point we confirm you the availability, you confirm it back and we confirm the same to the hotel/resort and availability status may change during this period. e-mail confirmations are typically done and e-mailed the same working day.
Procedure for Making Payments
A. Payment by Cash/Cheque – HDFC Bank Deposit
We will e-mail or fax a Before Payment booking note for you to deposit payment by cheque or cash in HDFC Bank. Thereafter User has toe-mail or call or fax deposit slip and intimate that such a deposit is done. We will then send (e-mail, post, courier, fax) an after payment booking note
B. Online Transfers – HDFC Bank
You can also transfer the booking amount through Internet banking, by adding our account details. As adding our details and online transfer may take upto 2-3 working days, which is more than the grace period to receive the payment. In such cases if rooms are not available and we receive the payment, the alternative accommodations will be arranged by us and it is subject to availability only. Otherwise the complete amount will be refunded.
The booking is not confirmed till we send you booking confirmation mail with receipt. In case we receive the payment and there are no rooms available then the full booking amount is refunded.
Policy in case of a Cheque Bounce or Signature Mismatch - In case of bounced cheque you will be required to send another payment or the booking will lapse. If the cheque bounces after date of departure then you will be liable for the payment.
What is before payment and after payment booking notes?
Confirmation note sent to enable you to process payments is a before payment note. Here hotel numbers are not mentioned. Confirmation receipt sent after you process payments is a after payment note. Here hotel numbers are mentioned.
Policy on refusal of the hotel to accommodate guests : Guests are expected to adhere to local laws and Hotel rules during the stay and DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) shall not be responsible for any refunds if the guests is unable to comply to local law / Hotel rules and enforcement procedures / requirements. In case hotel does offer a cancellation and refund for such a case, DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) would be pleased to forward to the guests in full. Please review list of conditions when guests can be denied entry or even forcibly evicted.
Hotel Resort Booking
- The inclusion of 'extra bed' with a booking is facilitated with a folding cot or a mattress as an extra bed.
- According to government regulations, a valid Photo ID has to be carried by every person above the age of 18 staying at the hotel. The identification proofs accepted are Drivers License, Voters Card, Passport, Ration Card. Without valid ID the guest will not be allowed to check in. Note- PAN Cards will not be accepted as a valid ID card.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel. The standard check-in time is 12 PM and the standard check-out time is 10 AM. After booking you will be sent an email confirmation with hotel phone number. You can contact the hotel directly for early check-in or late check-out.
- The room tariff includes all taxes. The amount paid for the room does not include charges for optional services and facilities (such as room service, mini bar, snacks or telephone calls). These will be charged at the time of check-out.
- The hotel reserves the right of admission. Accommodation can be denied to guests posing as a 'couple' if suitable proof of identification is not presented at check-in. eUttaranchal will not be responsible for any check-in denied by the hotel due to the aforesaid reason.
By agreeing to make payments and/or accept confirmation note/voucher, guests implicitly agree to following Terms & conditions and are aware of the clarifications and details provided as under:
Position of DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) Vis a Vis Hotels / Service Providers
- DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) is a Travel Research organization and it earns commissions from respective resorts for making reservations.
- DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) under no conditions should be assumed to be "Authorised Agent" / "Official" / "Special Agent" / "GSA" for the Hotel/Resort/Service Provider.
- DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) is an independent entity that facilitates reservations and should be under no circumstances to be assumed as the “local representative”.
Position of DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) Vis a Vis Deficiency of Service
DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) personnel have verified information listed on the www.euttaranchal.com. All options will not be suitable for all segments of guests and therefore guests are expected to take their own decisions and form their own judgments based on information available. When in doubt, before making a reservation the guests are expected to raise queries and clarify issues if any.
DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) is a travel planning service and strives to give suggestions as per best available information. However in case any shortfall in services (as against what is promised or what can be reasonably expected for such a service) by any hotel or service provider is established, DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) would stand responsible for making appropriate refunds. But the refund amount will be sole discretion of Hotel or Service provider.
Position of DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) Vis a Vis Cancellations and postponements
For any reason if the hotel or service provider or DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) has cancelled the reservations (Overbooking, wrong booking or any other reason), then immediate refund shall be given to the guest without any deduction.
- For any cancellation made by the guest, service tax amount will not be refunded.
- For any cancellation made by the guest, DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) mirrors Cancellation and Postponement policy of the Hotel / Service Provider. Guests are expected to verify hotel cancellation and postponement policies.
- No refund for last minute cancellation or cancelling the rooms after reaching resort.
Following possibilities exist here:
1. City hotels may levy 1 or more night cancellation charge if cancelled before a specified period of time as per their cancellation policy.
2. Leisure segment hotels / resorts may levy charges if cancelled within a time limit before the reservation as per their cancellation policy.
3. Remote location hotels may not offer any refunds or may offer postponements with some terms and conditions attached.
4. Hotels / Service Providers in Peak Season (e.g. Christmas and New Year Holidays, Summer Holidays, or any other long weekend holidays, etc) may not offer any refunds and charge for postponements or re-adjustment of dates.
5. Hotels / Service Providers have stricter last minute cancellation policies. Hotels / Service Providers are not responsible for connecting events related to the access (in event of your flight being cancelled, hotel may not offer any refunds).
DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) may levy a minor service charge for processing cancellations made by the guest. Following are possibilities:
1. Some Hotels / Service Providers may take some time for refunds and some hotels / Service Providers may expect DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) or guest to adjust the amount in future reservations. Guests have to wait till this happens. DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) will update the guest on a regular basis on the status of the adjustment / refunds.
2. For peak dates Some Hotels / Service Providers may not allow for any refunds or adjustment and would expect guest to travel anytime in a specified period of time. DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) will issue a credit note to the guest, which can be availed in the specified time direct with the hotels / Service Providers.
3. For peak dates Some Hotels / Service Providers may not give any refunds. DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) will be able to refund the commission amount it earned from the reservation.
4. Payment is never held by DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) on behalf of the hotel and is always dispatched to the hotel / Service Provider within 48 hours of the receipt to ensure that the room is held on a firm basis.
5. Under any circumstances DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) is bound by the Hotel / Service Providers rules and will process cancellations and will act as per that. DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) is obliged to do co-ordination on behalf of the guest. However in case of any legal dispute related to refunds, cancellations, postponements etc., guest will have to take that up directly with the hotel / Service Provider management. DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) will be obliged to provide all contact details, documentation and other support to facilitate such an action, as the guest or guest’s legal counsel may require it. However on-site representation of the case will not be possible.
All refunds will be made by the same mode as the payment was made. In event of a credit card not in use, guests may be asked to provide alternative means of refunds. Any cost related to the alternative means, will have to be bourne by the guest and refund will be paid after deducting the charge.
Foreign Currency Transactions / Overseas Payments
- Any Hotel / Services confirmation note stating rupee amount and accepted via rupee payment channels such as payment gateway and bank transfers, guest will be given credit for actual rupee credited in the account and no further charges are leviable.
- Any Hotel / Services confirmation note stating rupee amount and any estimation provided to guest in terms of possible equivalent foreign currency payable, the amount so stated will remain as an estimation and actual amount will depend on the rate of exchange (ROE) at the time of the transaction.
- Payment shall be recognised only when it arrives either with Payment Gateway or with the Bank and no payments in transit or ones made and not received at the DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) end shall be considered responsibility of DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal). Due diligence need to be made by guests while transferring payments in making sure that correct details and methods are used as recommended by the DeeBee Web Services (eUttaranchal) personnel.
General Cancellation Terms*:
- Less than 7 days before booking date: No Refund
- 7 to 14 days before booking date: 50% of booking amount
- More than 15 days: 75% of booking amount
- Refund process may take upto 30 days. Terms and Conditions applicable
* The refund policies vary from hotel to hotel. The refund policy of the hotel will be applicable for any refund amount. There will be no refund during Christmas, New Year Holidays, long holiday weekends, remote resorts and destinations.
If a booking is cancelled or changed by the customer, the hotel will be notified (of the changes) and the original confirmation email and Booking ID that was generated will become null and void.
If you have questions or difficulties with your request, kindly email the same to firstname.lastname@example.org. We assure you a prompt response.