There are 12 Navodya Vidyalaya residential schools in Uttarakhand State, which are affiliated to CBSE, helping needy students of Uttarakhand to get quality education almost free of cost. Navodaya Vidyalayas provides Residential & Co-educational Vidyalayas (Schools) providing quality education to rural talented children in Uttarakhand and other states of India.
The admission to these Vidyalayas is at Class VI level, but in order to make optimum use of infrastructure facilities available in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, the vacant seats at Class IX level are also proposed to be filled up through a Selection Test. While education in these Vidyalayas is free with the board, lodging, uniforms and textbooks upto Class-VIII, a nominal fee of Rs.200/- per month is collected from the children from IX to XII Class. However, children belonging to SC/ST, Girls and those from the families of below poverty line, are exempted from payment of fees.
Following is the list of Jawahar Navodya Vidyalyas Schools in Uttarakhand
- Almora Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Bageshwar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Champawat Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Chamoli Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Dehradun Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Haridwar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Nainital Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Pithoragarh Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Rudraprayag Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Tehri Garhwal Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Udham Singh Nagar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Uttarakashi Navodaya Vidyalaya
Objectives of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Scheme
- to provide good quality modern education to the talented children predominently from the rural areas, without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition.
- to ensure that all students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas attain a reasonable level of competence in three languages as envisaged in the Three Language Formula.
- to serve, in each district, as focal points for improvements in quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities.
Features of Jawahar Navodaya Schools
- JNVST Entrance on the basis of Merit
- Reservation for Rural, S.C., S.T. and Girl Students
- Co-educational Residential Schools with Free Education
- Adherence to Three Language Formula
- Promotion of National Integration
Admissions in Jawahar Navodaya Schools in Uttarakhand
Admission to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas is made through National Level Competitive Examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the children are admitted at class VI level. Children are also being admitted against the vacant seats in class IX and in class XI also through Regional Level Examination/Marks in the previous qualifying examination.
Education in Navodaya Vidyalayas is free of cost. A total of 75% of seats are reserved for rural children and a minimum of 33% of seats are reserved for girls. SCs/STs also have due reservations of 15% & 7?% respectively. The Scheme envisages establishment of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, one in each district of the country.
The medium of the test is in 21 Indian languages and is largely non-verbal and objective in nature and is so designed that talented children from rural areas are able to compete without suffering a disadvantage. All the children who have studied in and passed from Class V from any recognized school of that district and are between 9 to 13 years of age are eligible to appear JNVST for Class VI.
As per the Scheme, a maximum of 80 students can be admitted in Class VI per year in a JNV. However, in view of shortage of accommodation in some Vidyalaya, it is restricted to 40 only.
JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST(JNVST) FOR ADMISSION IN JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYAS
Admissions and Result of 2012 JNVST – Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection test: http://navodaya.gov.in/admissions.htm
Check out the admission procedure and eligibilty criteria here: http://navodaya.gov.in/admissions.htm
Navodaya Vidyalayas Management
The chain of Navodaya Vidyalayas is managed by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti which is an autonomous organization of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Secondary Education and Higher Education. NVS headquartered is presently located at A-28, Kailash Colony, New Delhi-110 048.
Regional Center of Uttarakhand Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
IIIrd Floor, Lekhraj Panna, Sector ?2,
Vikas Nagar, Lucknow – 226022
Uttar Pradesh, India
Official Website of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya: http://navodaya.gov.in