Founded in 1854, Woodstock School is located in the first range of the Indian Himalaya at an average altitude of around 7,000 ft. (2,100m). The extensive campus lies within a protected forest area near the hill-station of Mussoorie.
Woodstock aims to develop responsible global citizens and leaders by providing a world-class international education, rooted in its Christian heritage. Our diverse student body includes many from families serving India and the world.
Woodstock School was founded by Christian people in 1854, and for the majority of its history primarily served the needs of missions and families engaged in social service in India. This heritage continues today in the school’s commitment to values of excellence, personal responsibility, and service, and in our special calling to continue to educate the children of families in Christian or public service – a purpose to which we devote substantial student financial aid.
Admission in Woodstock School
The Woodstock academic year begins in early August. There is a winter break from mid December to early February. The school year ends in early June.
Completed application forms with the supporting documents be sent to the Woodstock School Admissions Office either scanned and attached to an email to admissions(@)woodstock.ac.in or by courier or registered post to the address set out on the next page. A non-refundable application fee of US$100 or Rs 5,500/- must be sent with the application.
Once all application materials have been received and reviewed, you will receive an email to let you know either:
- that the school will not be considering the application any further and that the student will not be offered a place at Woodstock. This will bring the admissions process to an end; OR
- to set a date for the admission test and interview for students residing in South East Asia. At this time, a tour of the school and residences will be given. The admission test may be waived for students residing outside of South East Asia. They will be interviewed via skype or by telephone.
For 2013 Entry
Admissions for the 2013-2014 school year open on the 1st of September.
Decisions for February 2013 entry (only limited spaces available):
- 1st of October 2012- deadline for receipt of completed application materials.
- 19th of November 2012- decisions will be communicated by email.
Early decisions for August 2013 entry:
- 1st of November 2012- deadline for receipt of completed application materials.
- 15th of December 2012- decisions will be communicated by email.
Please note: The decision may be offer, decline or waiting pool. Applicants placed in the waiting pool will receive a final decision by the 15th of May 2013.
Remaining decisions for August 2013 entry:
- 15th of March 2013- deadline for receipt of completed application materials.
- 15th of May 2013- decisions will be communicated by email.