Bagini Glacier is a gorgeous Himalayan glacier located near Joshimath town of district Chamoli in Uttarakhand. Bagini is the most amazing trekking expedition for trekkers who love adventurous treks. Located at the altitude of 14,816 feet, Bagini not only gives a unbeatable trekking experience to trekkers, being located inside the Nanda Devi National Park the trek also has rich flora and fauna. This trek also gives you the opportunity to feast your eyes on the mighty Dunagiri, Changa Banga and Kalanka peaks too.
How to reach Bagini Glacier
Joshimath is a nearest town to Bagini glacier, Joshimath ideally connected via NH-58 with nearest railhead that is Rishikesh/Haridwar. You can reach Rishikesh/Haridwar easily by air or by train then you reach Joshimath by road. One can book cab or reach through sharing vehicle, which is easily available from Rishikesh/Haridwar towards Joshimath. Next day you drive to Jumma, which is last road head to Bagini Glacier from here Bagini trek is start.
- Day 1: Start journey from Haridwar via NH-58 in a shared vehicle, you can also hire any vehicle from here. Drive to Joshimath.
- Day 2: Joshimath to Jumma that is 44km far (drive via Jeep) and trek to Ruing Village 9180ft /2800 meter, 3 km.trek.
- Day 3: Ruing Village to Dronagiri Village 11840 ft/3610 meter, 8 km trek.
- Day 4: Dronagiri Village to Bagini Base camp, 14700 ft/4484 meters, 10 km trek.
- Day 5: Bagini B.C to Changabang B.C via Bagini Glacier/ABC & back to Bagini B.C, 12 to 14 km approx.
- Day 6: Bagini B.C to Ruing Village, 18 km.
- Day 7: Ruing to Jumma, 3 km trek, Drive from Jumma to Joshimath via Jeep.
- Day 8: Joshimath to Haridwar by shared cab/bus and journey ends here.
Things to Carry
- Backpack of 60 ltr -70 ltr. They should come with comfortable shoulder straps, frame, and backpack cover.
- Waterproof trekking shoes that are high ankle and have a good grip
- 2 synthetic /waterproof Track Pants, T-shirts - 3 full sleeve
- 1 Fleece jacket would be ideal; a woollen sweater would be an alternative
- 1 Wind proof jacket, 1 Heavy jacket, Thermal Inners, woollen caps
- 2 pairs cotton socks, 2 pairs woollen socks, 2 pair water proof hand gloves
- Sun Cap, Sun protection cream, Sun glasses â€“ Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected
- 2 Water bottle- one litre each
- Lip Balm/ cold cream
- Toilet kit/ toilet Paper / wipes
- Quick dry Towel, Personal Medical Kit
- Walking Stick â€“ Mandatory (At least one)