Perched at a height of 11,500 ft in the Garhwal Himalayas, the meadows of Panwali Kantha are known for their breathtaking views of the rare Char Dham mountain ranges. With the arrival of summer, the snows melt and the flowers and herbs blossom forth to carpet the Panwali Kantha meadow. Given its moderate level of challenge, anyone with a normal fitness can do this trek.
How to reach
Our tour starts from Rishikesh which is at a distance of 232 kms from Delhi. There are various modes of transportations that are available to reach Rishikesh:
- By Road: Rishikesh is well connected with major northern cities via motorable roads. There are various bus services available from Delhi to Rishikesh. One can opt for semi-deluxe, deluxe and AC Volvo as per their needs. In addition to that, Rishikesh is connected with Delhi by Uttaranchal State Road Transport Corporation buses on a regular basis from Anand Vihar ISBT.
- By Rail: The nearest railhead is Haridwar Railway Station, which is 20 kms from Rishikesh. There are numerous trains connecting Haridwar junction with other major cities like Delhi, Lucknow and Kolkata etc. The frequency of trains to Haridwar is quite high as it is one of the most revered and religious place in India.
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun which is approximately 45 kilometres from Rishikesh, and offers daily connectivity with New Delhi.
Panwali Kantha Suggested Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Rishikesh – Guttu – Gaurmanda (187km by road, 10 km by trek)
From Rishikesh, we drive to Guttu early morning and expect to reach Guttu by 11 am. From Guttu we start our trek to Gaurmanda which is one of the most beautiful camping sites.
Day 2: Gaurmanda – Panwali Kantha
Post breakfast we start our trek early in the morning towards Panwali Kantha. You will tread on the grass as well as snow as we climb higher. Enjoy and explore the surroundings. Overnight stay will be at the tents.
Day 3: Panwali Kantha – Gaurmanda
After having breakfast, we make our descent towards Gaurmanda which will be relaxed one. Once we reach we put up our camps and stay overnight.
Day 4: Gaurmanda – Guttu – Dehradun
Today is the last day of the tour. We start early and continue our descent as we reach Guttu by noon. From Guttu we drive towards Dehradun from here you can avail conveyance for your home. Trip ends.
- Panwali Kantha trek is of moderate difficulty level, thus it is a perfect trek for amateurs and first timers to gain some experience.
- If one is travelling without the aid of tour operators, it is advisable to hire an experienced trekking guide to accompany you on your trek. These guides have much knowledge and expertise about the route.
- It is wise to check with local authorities, tour guides or tour operators about the weather and road conditions during monsoons before you actually start your trek.
Panwali Kantha is famous for?
Panwali Kantha is famous among tourist as Trekking.
Panwali Kantha is recommended destination for Corporates, Couples, Foreigners, Groups, Solo.
Panwali Kantha is popular destination for following activities/ interests - Camping, Meadows, Trekking.