Beehive (PG) College, one of the premier institute of northern India. Beehive college is affiliated to H. N. B. Garhwal University Srinagar, Uttarakhand set in 2002, is unique and has become a centre of excellence, base for scholarship and high quality professionally oriented education, research, training and consultancy.
For the attainment of its objectives, the college blends the expertise, insight and experiences of both its highly competent core faculty and visiting faculty drawn from the industry and academics. The students from Beehive have a good understanding of multiple disciplines and exhibit strong commitment. The values and ethos they posses are their biggest strength.
Beehive has a conducive learning environment with a course curriculum that’s a blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which is not only contemporary in approach but also relevant to industry.
Intensive student interaction with the industry, summer training with leading companies and specialized placements cells ensure that our students enjoy a distinct advantage in employment in reputed organizations. We fully realize the importance of close linkages between academia & industry, and regularly conduct seminars and workshops that bring the two together for the benefit of our students.
Affiliations of Beehive PG College Dehradun:
Beehive College of Advance Studies is associated with the following competent authorities for offering the best quality education:
- Department of Higher Education of Government of India
- Indian Association of Physiotherapists
- National Council for Teacher’s Education
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
Courses offered in Beehive (PG) College Dehradun
Beehive College of Advance Studies offers different UG and PG courses and the list of courses offered by the college is given below:
Under Graduate UG Courses:
- Bachelor of Education (B Ed)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Science in Information technology (IT)
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Post Graduate PG Courses:
- Master of Science in Information technology
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
In addition to these courses, the college is also planning to introduce Master of Education course.
Beehive PG College Admissions
Admissions Eligibility Requirements:
For seeking admission to the Bachelor of Education course, candidates must be graduates in any discipline, while for Biotechnology and physiotherapy courses, they must have completed their 10+2 with not less than 50% of marks in biology, chemistry and physics subjects. For BBA course admission, candidates must have completed their 10+2 in any stream of education, while for B. Sc (IT) and BCA courses; they must have studies mathematics as a subject at the 10+2 level. For admission to the M. Sc courses, candidates must have completed their B. Sc in appropriate discipline with not less than 55% of aggregate marks.
For admission to the different courses offered by the Beehive College of Advanced Studies, candidates must appear for the Beehive National Aptitude Test conducted by the college. Out of the total number of seats for each course, 70% of seats will be based on this test, while remaining 30% of seats will be filled on first-cum-first –serve basis and personal interview. Admissions to the different courses offered by the institution are done purely on merit basis.
How to apply:
Candidates can register themselves by download the online application form from the website of the college. Filled in application along with DD for an amount of Rs.600 drawn in favor of the college payable at Dehradun should be submitted to the college either in person or through post to the address of the college given below. Even candidates can get the application form and prospectus from the office of the college on payment of Rs.600 in cash.
Facilities in Beehive College Dehradun
- Computer Centre: The College has state-of-the-art computer facilities equipped with high speed LAN in distributed Windows 2008 server/Linux environment. The center has Internet connectivity through a High Speed Broadband connection which is entirely Wi-Fi and available to all faculty members and students.
- Library: Beehive (PG) College has a well stocked library with a large collection of books, references, periodicals, national and international journals and magazines. This vast reservoir of knowledge is a source of constant value addition to the students and faculty members.
- Classrooms: The classrooms are spacious and specifically designed to facilitate participative learning. They are equipped with all the necessary modern teaching and presentation facilities.
- Seminar Halls: Seminar Hall that is used for student meets, guest lectures and group discussions. Also on campus is a Conference room Board room that provides top-of-the-line facilities for board meetings, student-faculty meetings and a host of other occasions.
- Hostel: The College offers spacious and well furnished, hostels with all modern amenities and conveniences. The hostels are designed on the living-and-learn concept, which helps to build one’s personality by catering to the educational demands in a professional environment.
- Banking & Campus ATM: Automated Teller Machines allow you to withdraw money at any time of the day & at any day of the week. In order to facilitate the students to access their money at their convenience, Beehive with the support of Punjab National Bank has ATM installed at its campus.
- Recreational Facilities: Facilities are available for the various sports like Cricket, Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, Chess, Carom, Table tennis etc. The institute encourages student participation in intra-university and interuniversity sports & games events.
- Transportation: College has a fleet of buses to ferry the students from the various part of the city to the campus at very nominal charges. The process is continous for the further up-gradation of the same.