Chandola Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Rudrapur, Uttranchal is established by ‘CHANDOLA EDUCATION TRUST‘ to impart BHMS Direct Degree course prescribed by Central Council of Homoeopathy, an apex body of govt. of India in Homoeopathic Education and Practices.
The academic pillar of the Institution proudly rests on a purely Charitable Trust, which was established in 2002 with a single-minded aim of service to the cause of humanity through Homeopathy. The prime aim of this Institution is to provide an integrated education in Homoeopathy to the young, enthusiastic and dynamic students in a well-planned manner with personal care.
About Teaching Staff of Chandola Medical College
As per norms of the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, the Chandola Homoeopathic Medical College has appointed a team of highly qualified, extensively trained, experienced and dedicated teachers to provide appropriate learning experience the classes are held regularly to ensure time bound coverage of the syllabus with respective sessions. The methods of teaching comprise theory and practical classes, tutorials and demonstrations, seminars and workshops, discussions and deliberations and institutional fieldwork. Audio visual aids are provided as and when required for this learning process.
Affiliation of Chandola Medical College
The Chandola Homoeopathic Medical College is affiliated to the Kumaon University, Nainital, Uttarakhand
Chandola Medical College is recognised for regular under – graduate courses in Homoeopathy viz Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery [BHMS] by:
- Central Council of Homeopathy
- Dept. of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH)
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India & Uttarakhand Government
Courses at Chandola Homoeopathic Medical College
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS)
The BHMS course is spread over a period of five and half year’s duration (including one year compulsory internship).
Internship: One Year
Each candidate shall be required to undergo compulsory rotating internship of one year after passing the final BHMS examination.
The rotation of intern- students shall be as under:
Practice of Medicine – 8 months (including Psychology, Respiratory, Gastrointestinal, Endocrinology, Skin And V.D., Loco-motor, Cardiology, Pediatric Sections)
Surgery – 1 month
Obstetrics & Gynaecology – 2 months
Community Medicine – 1 month
Doctor of Medicine in Homoeopathy [M.D. (Hom.)]
It is proposed to start post graduate course viz. Doctor of medicine in homoeopathy [M.D. (Hom)] in near future.
There are 12 academic departments in Chandola Medical College and Hospital:
Anatomy, Physiology & Bio – Chemistry, Materia Medica & Homoeopathic Therapeutics, Homoeopathic Pharmacy, Organon Of Medicine & Philosophy, Chronic Diseases & Psychology, Practice Of Medicine, Including Pediatrics, Surgery, ENT & Ophthalmology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Preventive & Social Medicine With Family Welfare, Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Pathology, Bacteriology & Parasitology and Case Taking & Repertorization
Facilities in Chandola Medical College
- Team of highly qualified, extensively trained, experienced doctors to teach the students.
- Theory & practical classes, tutorial demonstrations, seminars & workshops, discussions deliberations & institutional fieldwork & project works
- Well-equipped practical lab facilities for various teaching departments.
- Central library with sufficient number of books & journals related to Homoeopathy, allied subjects in medical sciences & various other fields with reading room for staff & students
- Well-equipped departmental library.
- Modern audio-visual equipments with educative slides, transparencies & films.
- Cadaver dissection for students of Anatomy
- Herb garden with medicinal plants
- Separate hostel facility for boys & girls
- 30 Bedded Indoor Patient Department with medicine, obstetrics & gynae, surgical & pediatric wards.
- Outdoor Patients Departments
- Peripheral O.P.Ds.
- Pathological lab investigation facilities
- X-ray, E.C.G., Ultrasonography, physiotherapy & yoga units & Gynae O.T.
- The institute organizes Continued Medical Education Programmes for government doctors & homeopathic practioners in Uttarakhand
Admissions in Chandola Medical College
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery [B.H.M.S.]
The Degree course of BHMS comprises a course of study consisting of curriculum and syllabus, recognized by the Central Council of Homoeopathy, provided in the regulations of the Kumaon University, Nanital, Uttarakhand, spread over a period of five and half years, including compulsory internship of one year duration after passing the Final Degree Examination. The internship shall be undertaken at the hospital attached to the Institute.
- Admission for 25 seats will be made on the basis of Uttarakhand Pre Medical Test conducted by Government of Uttranchal
- 25 seats will be allocated on the basis of Combined Pre Medical Entrance Examination conducted by Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi, on All India level
- The entrance examination for both categories is usually held in month of May every year
Eligibility for Admission in Chandola Medical College
- An applicant is eligible to take admission in B.H.M.S first course if:
- He / she has attained or will attain the age of seventeen on or before the 31st December of the year of admission to the B.H.M.S (I) course.
- He / she has passed the 12th class under 10+2 scheme from any recognized Statutory Board / Council / university with requisite 5 subjects including Physics, Chemistry & Biology provided that such Statutory Board / Council / University is recognized by Kumaon University, Nanital, Uttaranchal.
- Blind (including color blind), deaf and/or dumb candidates shall not be allowed for admission in the course.
- A Candidate need to satisfy the conditions of the qualifying examination as prescribed by the entrance examination conducting authority.
- Candidates who have appeared at the qualifying examination in the current year are also eligible to apply and appear in the Admission Test. Their candidature will be taken into consideration provided that the result of the qualifying examination is published before the notified last date of admission and they have secured the required percentage of marks, substantiated by production of documentary proof.
Chandola Medical College Important Downloads
- Download Admission Form for Chandola Medical College
- Download Brochure of Chandola Medical College and Hospital
- Download Ordinance and Syllabus for Chandola Medical College