The College of Home Science was established in July 1971 under GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology. The College offers B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in various disciplines of Home Science and aims to groom youth as enterprising, promising and confident young men and women to face challenges of career and life.
Degree Programmes in College of Home Science
- B.Sc. Home Science
- M.Sc. Foods and Nutrition
- M.Sc. Family Resource Management
- M.Sc. Clothing and Textiles
- M.Sc. Human Development and Family Studies
Ph D in College of Home Science
- Ph.D. Human Nutrition
- Ph.D. Clothing and Textiles
- Ph.D. Family Resource Management
Departments in College of Home Science, Pantnagar
- Department of Clothing and Textiles
- Department of Family Resource Management
- Department of Human Development and Family Studies
- Department of Foods and Nutrition
- Department of Home Science Extension
Facilities in College of Home Science, Pantnagar University
- Computers -The College has computer facilities in the students’ computer laboratory, ARIS Cell, College Library and all the Departments. Facilities also exist for Computer Aided Designing.
- Day-care for Children – with Facility of Child Testing, Guidance and Counselling. This has scientific observation facilities for parents and for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. It is attached to a testing laboratory for children and guidance and ounseling cell.
- College Library – College of Home Science has a library where around 8000 textbooks, 55 periodicals related to Home Science discipline, newspapers and magazines are available to the students. The library is equipped with a computer and photocopier.
- Information Center – The Information Center of the College aims to portray a comprehensive picture of all the multifarious activities and achievements of the College. It has exhaustive exhibits and models.
- Placement Cell – The College has a Placement Cell which assists the students in getting suitable jobs. It acts as a liason between students and employers.