Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya has been established to meet the pressing need to impart global education on scientific spirituality and life style with new thought of ethical, moral and spiritual transformation of youths and production of specialists, and devoted nationalists. Excellent character, indomitable courage, firm determination, and intense love for labor, must be their trait, so that they may carve their own destiny. They must have respect for elders, love for younger and compassion for all. Robust faith in own duty rather than right must form the bedrock for their life phenomena. The societ also runs as Dev Sanskriti Vishwa Vidyalaya Distance Education as well.
History and Culture of Dev Sanskriti University
Almost five decades back, Yug Rishi Pt. Shriram Sharma ‘Acharya’ dreamt of a Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya that would infuse new life in education system and produce saplings for Divine Era. India has had a tradition of Vishwavidyalayas that were supposed to mould better citizens for the country and the whole world. “New life was always infused in Vishwavidyalaya. New era was always carved in Vishwavidyalaya. Whenever, mankind was transformed or divine virtues were induced in personality it was done in the Vishwavidyalaya. But these Vishwavidyalaya’s were not like present day Universities. The true knowledge was infused in the minds of adolescents. They were gifted with divine qualities. Healthy stout saplings of mankind were thus raised in these Vishwavidyalaya’s, which produced renowned personalities, sagacious geniuses, outstanding men, and eminent citizens of global repute. Infact, the magnanimous men were always nurtured in the nursery of Vishwavidyalayas. Nalanda & Takshshila were of this kind. The establishment of a Vishwavidyalaya of this kind is my solemn dream which may impart education of ethical ways of life rooted in the divine origin of humanity. It may revive the divine culture founded by the angelic vision and spiritual acumen of the Vedic seers, sages and Rishis”.
Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya is a State University located half a kilometer from Shantikunj, on Haridwar-Rishikesh road. The campus is designed according to the principles of Vaastu Shastra and the institution symbolizes the divine glory of the Vedic and Rishi culture.
The university is an inspiring effort to revitalize ancient Rishi tradition. The objectives and activities of the university encompass academics, spiritual, cultural and social facets. It has faculties of sadhana, health, education and self employment with the departments of yogic science, psychology, Indian culture, philosophy, theology, foreign languages and holistic health management. The temple of Prageyshwar Mahadev is located within the campus.
Unique Features of Dev Sanskriti Vishwa Vidyalaya
- Chancellor session – DSVV is a unique university where chancellor takes Sessions on Geeta (Shri Mad BhagavatGeeta ) and Meditation (Dhyan) for not only Personality but Holistic development of the students. It is the only university where your chancellor appreciates your actions and also take full interest in all type of Student related Activities.
- Invocation (Gyan Diksha) to Convocation tradition – The University has revived the Vedic ceremony of Gyan Diksha (Invocation) for the new students for the first time in India.
- Life management class – The art of Living is the core essence of all our endeavors and achievements. Secrets of self confidence, communication skills, and willpower are taught by the experts.
- Earn while Learn scheme – Srijana a Scheme initiated by Honorable Chancellor gives a creative environment to the students through many Entrepreneurship workshops and programmes like ‘Hand made paper products, Stitching, making Food items, Best out of Waste, using Solar Energy etc.
- Raging free environment – A unique tradition where senior gives Unnayan party rather than taking a raging of new students. Unnayan is again a very Creative exposure for the new students and they get to know about DSVV with the help of Nukkad natak, cultural programmes, Songs etc.
- Fully Residential -with a provision for accommodation for about 850 students.
- S.S.C. – SSC stands for Spiritual Study Circle, a unique practical approach which is govern by our chancellor sir. Under the guidance of chancellor sir student make group (10-15 student) and do some Personal, Academic and Social activity. They don’t waste time in gossips etc
- Workshop & Seminars – seminar on contemporary issues, global issues and spiritual issues are organized in abundance.
- Internship Program – The students undergo internship program for three month after the completion of their Course and contribute their time and energy in social issues.
- Four separate laboratories with modern instruments for Psychotherapy, Yoga therapy, Yajantherapy and Ayurveda.
- Organization of Yog shivirs by School of Yoga and Health twice a year for patients suffering from Obesity, Hypertension, Diabetes, Heart ailments and respiratory problems etc. Use of integrated and alternative medicine system and application of Naturopathy, Panchakarma, Physiotherapy, Pranic healing and Acupressure are used to cure the diseases.
Courses Offered id DSV Haridwar
Duration: One year followed by 3 months mandatory Internship
Admission: On the basis of Entrance Test
Eligibility: Bachelor/ Master’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university following 10+2+3 course- pattern with at least 50% marks.
Certificate Courses in Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya
- Holistic Health Management (30 seats)
- Entrepreneurship Development (30 seats)
- Theology (30 seats)
- Yog and Alternative Therapy (30 seats)
- Water Resources Conservation & management (30 seats)
- Handloom Technology (30 seats)
Duration: 6 months
Eligibility: 10+2 or Intermediate. Age Limit- 30 yrs. Age limit for those candidates who are applying for Entrepreneurship Development or Theology and have had a work experience of 1 to 5 years with a socially active organization is 35 yrs.
Diploma Courses in Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidhyalaya
- PG Diploma Human Consciousness & Alternative Therapy ( Seats-30)
- PG Diploma Yog Therapy & Spiritual Counseling (Seats-30)
- PG Diploma Journalism and Mass Communication ( Seats-30)
- PG Diploma Guidance and Counseling ( Seats-30)
- Diploma Animation (after 10+2) ( Seats-30)
- Advanced Diploma Animation (after 10+2) ( Seats-20)
Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks from any recognized University 10+2 or Intermediate with 50% marks.
Graduation Courses in Dev Sanskriti University Haridwar
B.Sc. (GRADUATION) Duration-3 Years
- Yogic Science & Human Consciousness
- Computer Application
- Environmental Studies
B.A. (GRADUATION) Duration-3 Years
- Yogic Science & Human Consciousness.
- Indian Culture.
- Tourism Studies.
- English Literature.
Post Graduation Courses
- M.A/ M.Sc Clinical Psychology, Seats-30
- M. Sc. Yogic Science & Holistic Health, Seats-30
- M.A Applied Yog & Holistic Health, Seats-30
- M.A Indian Culture, Seats-20
- M.A Tourism Studies, Seats-20
- M.A Applied Education, Seats-20
- M.A Journalism & Mass Communication, Seats-30
- M.Sc Computer Science, Seats-30
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 10+2+3 with 50% marks in graduation from any recognized University. Candidates aspiring for M.Sc Yogic Science and Holistic Health need to have a B.Sc. degree from Bio group