The Faculty of Architecture building is a four storied block, having all the modern state-of-the- art facilities. The building has well equipped spacious studios, Lecture Rooms, Art Studios, Model Making Workshop, Computer Lab and Library. The campus is Wi – Fi enabled and students can internet for their projects and practicals etc
Goal and Objectives of Architecture Department in DIT
To create design professionals of high quality expertise. The programme aims to provide core professional knowledge, understanding and expertise to enable students with skills that will allow them to handle a wide range of Architectural Design and Planning projects. The programme is committed towards motivating innovative and radical ways of thinking which would lead to creative and experimental design.
Why to take Admission in DIT B. Arch
- The only self financed Institute of Architecture in Uttaranchal
- Computer Center with 2Mbps bandwidth Internet connectivity through leased line
- Highly qualified and eminent faculty
- Excellent employment opportunities
- Friendly and supportive environment
B.Arch Course Details in DIT Faculty of Architecture
DIT Faculty of Architecture was established as a new Institute with state of art infrastructure facilities in the vicinity of DIT, Dehradun in 2005 with an intake of 40 students. The faculty is approved by Council of Architecture and AICTE with its affiliation to UP Technical University, Lucknow as well as the Uttaranchal Technical University, Dehradun. Faculty adheres to all the norms of the regulatory authorities to achieve academic and professional excellence. The faculty facilitates the students to learn Architecture through all mediums of practical nature in the environs of Himayalays on site studies, surveys & educational tours.
Eligibility: The candidate should have passed an examination at the end of the new 10+2 scheme of Senior School Certificate examination or equivalent with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% aggregate or should have 10+3 years diploma as recognized by central/ state government. Admission will be granted based on the merit of AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination) score. NATA Test clearance i.e. 40 % and above score.
Duration : 5 Years
Seats Available : 40
Admission Procedure for B of Arch in DIT Dehradun
- The admission to 85% of the total seats (50% Uttarakhand and 35% All India) would be granted based on the merit of AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination) score through State level counseling conducted by Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun. The reservation would be applicable as per State Govt. policy.
- 15% Management admissions are done directly by the institute by conducting institute level counseling on the combined merit based on the aggregate marks of 10+2 & score of NATA test on the basis of 50:50 basis. State Govt. approval and the orders from time to time.
- NRI SEATS out of 15% Management seats 5% seats are reserved for the NRI candidates NRI seats would be filled up as per the AICTE norms i.e. by the NRI’s who have passed the qualifying examination with Maths as a compulsory subjects from an institute situated outside India which is considered equivalent to 10+2 Examination by the Association of Indian Universities.