Doon Group of Colleges in DehradunAll the four colleges - DPMC&H, DCAST, DCET and DVCE, which are rapidly developing and progressing by leaps and bounds, are the offshoots of Ch. Charan Singh Memorial Educational Society and Maharani Laxmi Bai Memorial Educational Society which are already providing its expertise for more than 20 years in preparing the students professionally. The trust- Ch. Charan Singh Memorial Educational Society is also running two ITI's i.e., Ch. Charan Singh Memorial ITI, Dehra Dun and Doon Public ITI, Dehra Dun.
These colleges are affiliated with the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna (H.N.B.) Garhwal University, Srinagar Garhwal (Uttarakhand). It was on 25th December, 2001 that the Hon’ble Shri Ajit Singh ji, the then Union Minister of Agriculture, inaugurated a new block namely Louis Pasteur in Doon (P.G.) Paramedical College & Hospital and a new building for Doon (P.G.) College of Agriculture Science and Technology in Selakui, Dehra Dun. In December, 2002, a State of Art Biotechnology Laboratory and a new block “Har Govind Khurana Bio-tech Block” were inaugurated by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of the H.N.B. Garhwal University
- Doon (P.G.) Paramedical College and Hospital (DPMCH)
- Doon (P.G.) College of Agriculture Science and Technology (DCAST)
- Doon College of Engineering and Technology (DCET)
- Doon Valley College of Education (DVCE
Graduate Courses in Doon Valley College of Education
Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.)
- Seats : 100 Duration : 1 Year
- Eligibility : Graduation with 50% marks
The 2013 admissions in B Ed Course are entirely through Entrance Examination conducted by the University in the month of May/ June each year.
B Ed. / M. A. Education
It has a profound scope in education sector both in government as well as in private educational institutes. A person with these degrees is eligible to be appointed as a lecturer as per government norms. The people from this field can render services for the society in general by imparting education.
Facilities in Doon Valley College of Education
- Library: Libraries are centrally situated inside the campus of all the colleges. They have more than fifteen thousand books written by Indian and foreign authors on different subjects as per the syllabus issued by the University. All the libraries are fully computerized.
- Computer Lab: Computer Labs with P-IV generation computers having high processing capability and Internet facility are available in the colleges. Students are encouraged to avail the Internet facility.
- Hostel: Separate hostel facility is available for boys and girls. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. Every hostel has a common room provided with T.V, Indoor games and phone. Water purifier systems are installed and special care is being taken off with respect to health and hygiene. Weekly visits by a Physician is undertaken for medical check up.
- Banking: The unique facility in our Campus is the provision of the extension service counter of State Bank of India, which is situated within the Campus of Doon (P.G.) Paramedical College & Hospital.
- Canteen/Cafeteria: The colleges separately houses canteen facilities to provide refreshment to the students. Students find it the most suitable place to relax and discuss topics of their interest during the leisure time.
- Transport: Colleges have their own fleet of buses for providing smooth and comfortable conveyance facilities to the students. Regular tours and excursions are being undertaken to refresh the minds of the students.