Gayatri College of Biomedical Science is being run under the aegis of Gayatri Vidyapeeth Society, which is a registered society with the Government of Uttarakhand, Dehradun. The mission is to provide professional medical education, comprehensive medical health care, services and promotion of research activities.
Gayatri College of Biomedical Science has a 150-bedded multi specialty hospital building work is already in progress near Nanda Ki Chowki, Dehradun, on the 25 beghas of land of the society. Infrastructure of the Institute constitutes of Laboratories (Haematology, Clinical Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology) fully equipped and functional, Lecture theatres, audiovisual room and Library with adequate books and journals at, G.M.S Road, Dehradun. The college is managed by the governing body, which consists of professionals having 30 years experience in medical Education & experts in the field of Biotechnology and Microbiology.
Affiliation and Recognition of Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBMS)
The Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBS) is affiliated with Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar Uttarakhand. It is recognized by UGC, Govt. of India. HNB Garhwal University is a well-known UGC ranked Govt. University. The College is also approved and recognized by Department Of Higher Education and Department of Medical Education and Health, Ministry of Health Govt. of Uttarakhand
Departments in Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBMS)
- Department Of Biotechnology
- Department Of Microbiology
- Department Of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Attendance and Assessment in Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences
- If a student fails to put up minimum of 75% attendance in the aggregate of all papers of a semester, he /she will not be allowed to appear in all paper of a semester examination. He/she will have to have attendance in aggregate of all papers of the semester.
- The contents of the education programs would be 1/3 theoretical subject. 1/3 practical in laboratories and 1/3 clinical practice.
- Frequent internal assessment tests will be instituted so that progress of learning would be continuous.
- Details of the student’s performance in the class tutorials and internals will be maintained and will be communicated to the parents. Student will be encouraged to take part in-group discussions, special clinical mock exercises to enable them to develop expression techniques.
Courses in Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBMS), Dehradun
Courses: M.Sc. Biotechnology
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Sc. CBZ or equivalent with minimum 55% marks
Courses: M.Sc. Microbiology
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Sc. CBZ/PCM, B. Pharma or equivalent with minimum 50% marks
Courses: M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Sc. CBZ or equivalent with minimum 50% marks
Courses: B.Sc. Biotechnology (with CBZ)
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 PCB with minimum 45% marks
Admission Process in Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBMS), Dehradun
Selection will be through a written test*. Short listed candidates, meeting the eligibility criteria, will be called for the written test. Such successful candidates according to course and seats will be informed by post. If candidates secure same marks in the ASEE, the selection will be based on their academic record.
Written examination is held in following cities namely Dehradun, Delhi, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Allahabad, Mandi (HP), Hardoi (UP), and Pauri (UK). Each candidate must indicate his/her preference for the centre in the application. The exam center may be cancelled, and in that case the nearest center will be allotted. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates to attend the exam under any circumstances. The candidates appearing in the qualifying exam may also apply. The scholarship will be provided to the successful and eligible candidate after taking admission in the GCBMS Dehradun.
Facilities in Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBS), Dehradun
- Library: The library is fully automatic managed to support the students for choice of books, which is a rich collection of publication from disciplines of Bio-Medical Sciences, Paramedical Sciences, periodicals, newspapers and national /international journals in the field of research, technology, biomedical developments.
- Laboratories: Well-equipped with the latest state –of-the-art laboratories are there with trained technicians. Students are trained to handle the instruments under the guidance of their supervisors. The institute emphasizes on practical ways of learning.
- Class Rooms: Well furnished and spacious classroom with plenty of chars, models and equipped with latest state-of-the-art audio-visual aids comprising of Over Head Projectors, automatic slide projectors with remote controls are available.
- Hostel & Transport: Separate secured hostel accommodation is available for boys and girls at affordable cost. A friendly environment with all amenities conducive to studies is provided in the Hostels. The premises also have a common room dinning hall and cafeteria. All types of transport facilities are easily available. The institute is also envisaging for its own arrangement for transport.
- Diagnostic Laboratory and OPD: All diagnostic facilities (Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry, and Histopathology) are available under guidance of pathologist. X-Ray facilities with 500 MA machine is available with all routine and special investigation available.
- Computer Lab: The college has well furnished computer lab with internet facility (Broad bad) with latest technology and softwares.
Location of Gayatri College of Biomedical Sciences (GCBMS)
Gayatri College of Biomedical Science is located in the heart of the city on the main G.M.S. Road, approximately 3 km from the bus terminal and railway station. It is convenient to reach from all parts of the city with efficient city transports Viz, auto rickshaws and local buses. The college building is quite spacious well lighted and ventilated with all facilities to create an environment for learning pursuits.