Himgiri Zee University has been established to meet the growing demand for trained human resources in various social, educational, scientific, technical and professional organizations so as to channel human energy towards sustainable economic and social development.
In order to make a positive difference to education and employment, Shri Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group of Industries and Zee Telefilms had brought together in 1995 a group of committed anthropologists, sociologists, economists and development communications professionals to set up TALEEM Research Foundation in Ahmedabad. One of the mandates of Taleem Research Foundation was to set up the Himgiri Zee University.
Based on the motto `Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (World as Family), Himgiri Zee University has been established for the vocationalisation of higher education which is national in character and transnational in jurisdiction. The University is characterized by its resolve not to discriminate on grounds of caste, creed, residence, community, gender and religion. HZU has been established under Act No. 17 of 2003 of the State Legislative Assembly, Government of Uttaranchal (Act 2003, Uttaranchal Adhiniyam Sankhya 17 of 2003) and has since become operational.
The University offers programmes in both the regular and the distance learning modes and envisages the use of modern technologies for this purpose.
Vision of Himgiri Zee University
The vision of HZU is to be a world class University and to be a harbinger for vocationalisation of higher education through the conventional as well as through the open and distance learning modes in order to meet the future demands for trained human power in the country.
Himgiri Zee University HZU will provide educational opportunities to all segments of society, without discrimination of any kind. In addition to regular face-to-face education, HZU will, through the use of modern technologies of communications, bring education to the doorsteps of all those who did not have access to higher education earlier or were denied such an access
The Himgiri Zee University has entered into collaboration with the following Institutions:
- Florida State University, USA
- University of Regina, Canada
- Oslo School of Architecture & Design, Norway
- Asian Media Information and Communication Centre (AMIC), Singapore
- Centre of Excellence in Cultural Theory, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Moscow State University, Moscow
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Faculty and Departments in Himgiri Zee University
- Faculty of Architecture, Design & Planning
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Expressive Cultures, Media & Communications
- Faculty of Computer & Information Technology
- Department of Library & Information Science
- Directorate of Distance Education
- Faculty of Population Sciences
- Faculty of Human Sciences
- Faculty of Naturopathy& Yogic Sciences
Programmes offered in Himgiri Zee University
The University offers degree, diploma, and certificate programmes at the undergraduate, post-graduate and Ph.D. levels.
Courses in Himgiri Zee University
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)
- Bachelor in Communication (B.S. Communications)
- Master in Communication (M.S. Communications)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (BID)
- Bachelor of Arts (Liberal Arts)
- Bachelor in Graphics & Animation – Online (B.S.)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
Admissions in Himgiri Zee University HZU
The Himgiri Zee University follows University Grants Commission Act 1956 – 8.2 UGC Regulations 1985 regarding formal educations and 8.3 UGC Regulations 1985 regarding non-formal distance education for admission to the courses.
A) Residential Course
Bacholor’s Course: Only those students are eligible for admission who have successfully completed 12 years of schooling through an examination conducted by a board/university. Admission shall be by merit based on the criteria notified by HZU.
Master’s Course: Only those studentds are eligible for admission who have successfully completed three years duration bachelors degree through an examination conducted by a university. Admission shall be by merit based on the criteria notified by HZU sucuess.
B) Distance Education
Only those students are eligible who have successfully completed 12 years of schooling through an examination conducted by a board/university. Students have to pass an entrance test conducted by HZU for admission.
The candidate shall be eligible to seek admission to Masters courses through distance education in technical, professional and health science streams subject to successful completion of relevant degree courses of specified duration.
Prospecturs of Himgiri Zee University: http://www.hnv.edu.in/prospectus.html
Himgiri Zee University 2012 Results
You can check the 2012 results here for admissions and degree courses of Himgiri Zee University HZU here: http://www.hnv.edu.in/results.html
Himgiri Zee Univeristy Study Centres in Uttarakhand for Distance Education
|Sr No||Name of Study Centre||Address|
|1||HIST (Himalayan Institute of Science & Technology)||B-6, Model House, New Tehri Town.
Phone/Fax:- 01376-233642, +91 9412138750, 9412989867
|2||ILD (Institute of Learning and Development)||Pizza hut 103, Rajpur Road, Dehradun
|3||ICS (Institute of Career Studies)||Nehru Colony Near Water Tank, Dehradun
|4||Adarsh Institute of Technology and Education||Upper Bazar, Karanprayag Chamoli, UK
|5||Disha Institute||First Floor, Tagore Villa, Chakrata Road, Dehradun
Himgiri Zee University Proposed Courses
- Architecture: Bachelor/Masters in Architecture & Planning
- Education: Bachelors/Masters of Education
- Communications: Bachelors/Masters of Arts in Communications, Diplomas and Certificates
- Computer Science & Information Technology: Bachelor of Computer Application and M.Tech-C.S.
- Library Science: Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Distance Education: Certificates, Diplomas & Bachelors Programmes
- Health Care: Bachelors/ Masters of Science in Health Care with Specialisation in Paramedical Areas
- Management: Bachelors/Masters of Business Administration with special focus on Telecommunications/ Media Management
- Population Sciences: Post-Graduate Diploma in Population Studies
- Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences: Certificates & Diploma
- Social Work: Master of Social Work
Location of Himgiri Zee University
Himgiri Zee University (HZU) is set up at Dehradun in the state of Uttarakhand, India. It is 18 km from Dehradun City and within 10 km of the world famous Forest Research Institute