Motiram Baburam Government Post Graduate (MBGPG) College, Haldwani, is a leading institution of higher education in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. Established in 1960, the college is serving the largest catchment area of the state of in Shivalik foothills. The college draws passouts from over 50 intermediate colleges in Nainital district.
MB Government Post Graduate Collage (MBGPG College), Haldwani, is a leading institution of higher education in the Kumaon region with 46 years of education service. The college is located in the foothills of the Shivaliks and upholds the largest catchment area of the State of Uttarakhand, feeding more than 50 intermediate colleges of this area in Nainital district. The college was established under management of Moti Ram Babu Ram Educational Trust in July 1960. Till 1973 this college was affiliated to Agra University, Agra, and later with the establishment of Kumaon University Nainital in 1974, the college was affiliated to Kumaon University.
Affiliation of MB Govt Degree College
MBGPG College is affiliated to Kumaon University, Nainital. The college offers Graduation, Post Graduation and Professional Courses, including Teachers’ Training Programme (B Ed). For Teachers’ Training Programme, the college is recognised by National Council for Teachers’ Education (NCTE). The college is enjoying the status of ‘Ideal College’ since the academic year 2004-05.
M.B.G.P.G.college has been categorized as a Vishista Mahavidyalaya and the College is steadily marching ahead in its pursuit of academic excellence. The number of students in the college has continuously increased during last several years, and has reached to around 14000 at present.20 department are working at the UG level and 13 departments at the PG levels. With the aim of enhancing the quality of professional education in the state, various professional courses have been launched in the college.
Objectives of Motiram Baburam Govt. Post Graduate College Haldwani
The objectives of this college sprout out of an interactive symbiosis, wherein the environment monitors and implements adherence to these objective. Interactions comprise of flows of inputs from the environment to the college and flows of outputs from the collage to the environment in form of knowledge, information, vocational training, skilled human resources, new comprehension and analysis, paradigm shifting, advocacy and activism pertaining regional development and growth. The College’s relevant environment consists of all those bodies that provide it input and utilise its outputs.
Courses in MB Govt. Post Graduate College Haldwani
B.Ed. is succefully running in the Degree College haldwani in two batches one batch is under Govt seats (total seats 70) and other is in self finance mode (total seats 100). B.Ed. is a one year degree course approved by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Jaipur & affiliated to Kumaun University, Nainital. All the students who have appeared and passed in the Entrance Examination conducted by Kumaun University, Nainital are eligible to be considered for admission, which is on Merit Bases. Teachers play a very important role in a student’s life. It is, to a great extent, the teachers who decide the shape a student’s life will take. So, it is very necessary to be adequately equipped with resources that will make the teacher a perfect role model to the students. To achieve this, Bachelor of Education or B. Ed was introduced, which will teach a person about teaching and the various aspects associated with teaching.
IGNOU Study Centre
A study centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is operational in the college since 1987. Various professional and educational courses are being run at the centre through distance education method. These mainly include computer education, B Ed, rural development, tourism, MBA, BA and B Com courses. Apart from these, several certificate, diploma, degree and post graduation programmes are also available. At present nearly 750 candidates are studying different courses. Consultation sessions are regularly organised at the centre. Teleconferencing, audio/video facilities, library, etc., sponsored by the university are available at the centre. Computer laboratory exists for practicals in computer science. All the programmes may be undertaken simultaneously with regular degree/diploma programmes of the university.
IGNOU is providing higher education and need based education through out India through 59 regional centers in 321 course. M.B.Govt. P.G. College Haldwani (Nainital) is one of the study centres of IGNOU.
|Progamme Name||Course Duration|
|Foundation Course for Graduation (BA/B Com)||6 Months|
|Graduation Course (BA/B Com/BTS/BCA/BSW)||3 Years|
|B.Ed (Through Entrance Examination)||2 Years|
M Com/ MEG/MHD/MTM
MA (Hindi/English/Political Science/Public Administration/ History/Rural Development)
|MBA (through entrance examination)||3 Years|
Professional Courses in Motiram Baburam Govt. Post Graduate College Haldwani
Beside Academic courses undermentioned Professional Job Oriented courses are running in the College
|Professional Courses in College||Seats||Minimum Qualification||Duration|
|Diploma in Foreign Trade Practice and Procedure||60||Intermediate examination (10+2)||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga and Holistic Health||30||Graduation||1 Year|
|Diploma in Interior & Exterior Decoration||50||Intermediate examination (10+2)||1 Year|
|Certificate in Yoga Teaching||30||Intermediate examination (10+2)||6 Months|
Motiram Baburam Govt. Post Graduate College Haldwani Admission Process
- Candidates will obtain application forms from the college office and after duly filling them completely deposit the same before the last date.
- The candidates will be interviewed for admission. They will be personally present before the admission committee at the time of interview with their original certificates, transfer certificate provided by the last institution attended and character certificate, get admission recommended and get their signatures attested. Admission will be granted on depositing original transfer certificate and character certificate. Identity card of the college will be completely filled along with admission application form and the same will be given to the candidates as soon as he deposits the fee. The candidates will have to be compulsorily present before the admission committee and it will not be possible to grand admission in case a candidate remains absent.
- For girl students, Government Women’s College has been established at Nawabi Road and they are advised to seek admission there only. This college will grant admission to girls in only those subjects which are not taught at the Government Women’s college.
- The candidates whose admission is sanctioned will have to deposit the prescribed fee within the prescribed date. Failure to do so will lead to automatic cancellation of the admission and the next candidate in merit will be given admission.
- In case of failure to get admission in a particular faculty, the same admission form may not be used for admission to another faculty. If a candidate does not hope to get admission in a particular faculty and if he is desirous of seeking admission in another faculty, he may apply for admission to such faculty before the prescribed date.
- Consideration under admission rule 1-12 of the university will be possible only when regular student submits medical certificate to the effect and an affidavit with regard to the reason.
- Time table will be pasted on the notice board immediately after the last date of admission and teaching shall commence accordingly.
- It is compulsory for each student to carry identity card. Entry to the college campus without identity card is prohibited.
- To prevent misuse of the identity card, the arrangement has been made that in case of loss of the identity card, the student concerned will submit an application to the Proctorial Board to this effect. The Proctorial Board will make a detailed inquiry and issue a second copy of the identity card after Rs 30 have been deposited. If a student is caught with a forged identity card, the college administration will initiate disciplinary and legal action against the student.
- Students passing compartmental examination will not be considered for admission after the admission date is over.
No change of faculty and subjects will be allowed.
- Student failing in any class will not be re-admitted to the same class.