A statutory university established at Dehradun through an act the State Legislature of Uttarakhand in the year 2003, UPES started with a 25 acres mother campus in Pondha valley, Dehradun and a Northern Centre in New Delhi.
UPES is an endeavour of Hydrocarbons Education & Research Society (HERS), a non profit organisation registered under the Societies Act 1860 dedicated to promoting education and training in Energy and allied sectors.
HERS comprises eminent individuals from the Oil & Gas industry including the former Petroleum Secretary, Government of India, senior industry professionals, chiefs of various energy and allied sector companies and specialists from various national and international organisations.
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is India’s First Energy University and Asia’s First & Only Energy & Core Sector University. UPES offers over 33 graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs to more than 2400 students across its 3 campuses, in the high growth sectors of Oil & Gas, Power, Aviation, Shipping, Automobile, Infrastructure and Logistics & Supply Chain.
Highlights of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
- First Indian Energy University approved by UGC Under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956
- First Indian Energy University accredited by Energy Institute, UK
- First Indian institution to offer 33 specialised programs across Oil & Gas, Power, Transportation, Infrastructure and Logistics & Supply Chain sectors
- First Indian Energy institution to set-up Bio-Diesel Laboratory
- First Indian University to implement SAP
About University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Institution Type: State Private University
UGC Recognition: Recognized by UGC
Admission for 2012 Notification has been released. check out the list of programs offered:http://upes.ac.in/List_of_Programmes_Offered.htm