Established in 2006, University of Patanjali is a premier institute offering training and education in Yoga, Ayurveda, Sanskrit, and related fields with a vision to innovate an integral educational system which includes both ancient wisdom and scientific knowledge.
The courses are offered to teach the spiritual and physical aspects of Vedic knowledge with special emphasis on Yoga and Ayurveda.
Aims and Objectives of University of Patanjali, Haridwar
University of Patanjali aims to standardize and promote indigenous education system in synergy with modern technology. It facilitates teaching, learning, training, and research on scientific and philosophical aspects of Vedic knowledge. The courses focuses on providing effective knowledge and wisdom to the students to make them self-reliant, self-managed, and socially empathetic.
University of Patanjali imparts job oriented education and strives to produce doctor and healers who are well versed in modern medical and indigenous treatment system. It focuses on preserving and spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda, patriotism, and yogic life style.
Courses offered by University of Patanjali, Haridwar
University of Patanjali offers various Graduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate, and Diploma courses on Yoga, Ayurveda, Sanskrit, and other related subjects.
|COURSE||DURATION||ADMISSION CRITERIA||AGE LIMIT||FEES|
|B.A Yoga Science/Sanskrit(Vedic LaukikSahitya)/Sanksrit(Vyakarana)||3 years||Min 60% marks in 10+2 exams from recognized board||25 years||Rs. 20,000|
|B.Sc. Yoga||3 years||Min 60% marks in 10+2 exams from recognized board (preferably Science background)||25 years||Rs. 25,000|
|Shastri||3 years||Min 60% marks in 10+2 exams from recognized board||25 years||Rs. 20,000|
|M.A Yoga Science/Psychology/Philosophy/English/Sanskrit (Vyakaran/Literature/Philosophy)||2 years||Min 45% marks in Bachelor’s from recognized university||30 years||Rs. 25,000|
|M.Sc. Yoga Science||2 years||Min 45% marks in Bachelor’s in Science from recognized university||30 years||Rs. 25,000|
|Masters in Tourism Management||2 years||30 years||Rs. 25,000|
|Acharya||2 years||Min 45% marks in Shashtri Degree from recognized university||30 years||Rs. 25,000|
|PG Diploma in Panchkarma||1 year||Min 45% marks in Bachelor’s in Ayurveda Medical Science from recognized university||35 years||Rs. 50,000|
|PG Diploma in Yoga Science/Yoga Health and Cultural Tourism||1 year||Min 45% marks in Bachelor’s from recognized university||35 years||Rs. 30,000|
|Certificate course in Yoga Therapy||6 months||Min 45% marks in 10+2 from recognized university||25 years||Rs. 20,000|
If a candidate fulfils the eligibility criteria for their course, then the candidate can apply the form online, and appear for Aptitude Test.
The selection of the candidate is based on their performance at the Aptitude Test.
List of topics for Aptitude Test –
General English, General Mathematics, General Knowledge, Chosen Subject, Knowledge of Patanjali Yoga Peeth System
Along with the above mentioned courses, University of Patanjali also offers M.Phil and Ph.D programmes.
Facilities at University of Patanjali, Haridwar
- Hostel and Mess: Separate hostels with modern facilities are available for boys and girls.
The mess at the university campus offers pure, nutritious, and seasonal foods to the students of the university. On significant occasions and festivals, special food items and fruit diet is provided.
- Library: With more than 30,500 books on ancient literature modern science, and technology, University of Patanjali enhances the quality of their education with each advancement in the field of study. The reading room consists of newspapers, magazines, and periodicals on different subjects.
The library also holds hundreds of published and unpublished manuscripts. These rare manuscripts are published by R&D Cell of the University.
The facility of Book Loan is also available for needy students.
- Medical treatment: Patanjali Campus consists of a well-maintained OPD and IPD facility where casualties are handled. Panchkarma and Shathkarma facilities are also available including pathology, radiology, cardiology, etc.
- Healthy campus environment: Situated in lush greenery, University of Patanjali offers a healthy and peaceful environment conducive to learning. Moral and ethical values are taught and students are led to follow the Vedic tradition, Rishikul culture, and live in harmony.
It is mandatory for hoteliers to perform Yajnaand improve their holistic health.
- Growth centric learning:Students in University of Patanjali are encouraged to learn Sanskrit for better understanding of classical texts.
Communicative English is compulsory for all students.
Students get to learn and live Swamiji’s lessons through his advance spiritual and yogic teachings.
Internet facility is available for everyone.
Activities like NSS, sports, and cultural events are frequently held at the campus to promote students to develop their self-esteem, learn about history and culture, and overall lead an active lifestyle.
- Scholarships and Concessions: Scholarships and concessions are provided to talented and poor students respectively.
- Sports:There are various indoor and outdoor sports facilities available at the university campus. Sports like Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Football, Badminton, Cricket, Archery, Wrestling, Chess, Gymnastics, Athletics, and many more can be participated with tournaments and competitions enhancing the skills further.
- NSS:NSS in University of Patanjali is involved in conducting blood donation camps, awareness rallies, programmes related to Health India, Skill India, Green India, Women Self Defence, and Environment Protection. NSS strives to develop a student’s personality through community service.
- Laundry:A big laundry facility is set up within the campus well equipped with modern facilities and can be used at nominal charges.
- Water filtration:To ensure that the students are drinking healthy water, modern water purification systems are installed in the campus from where students can get 100% pure drinking water.
- Transport:The nearest railway station is Roorkee- 15km and Haridwar- 18 km. Public transport is available from its main gate at Delhi – Haridwar NH 58.
- Security:Along with CCTV Survellience, private security personnel are deployed at all important locations.
- Banking & Postal:Post Office, SBI & PNB Bank with ATMs, Patanjali Mega Store, shops, travel agency, etc. are available within the campus.
- Research & Training:Guest lectures and workshops are held at regular intervals and students are encouraged to write research topics and publish them in reputed national and international journals.