Brief: Uttarakhand traditional dish prepared from Pahari Bhatt Dal (Black Beans) and Jhangora (Barnyard Millet). Also locally regarded as Pahadi Khichdi which is nutritious and healthy.
- Bhatt Dal – 1 cup
- Jhangora – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – ½ Tea Spoon
- Tumeric powder – 1 Tea Spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 Tea Spoon
- Red Chilli powder – 1 Tea Spoon
- Oil – 50 gms
- Salt to taste
- Grind the Bhatt in thick pieces
- Wash Jhangora and soak
- Fry cumin seeds till it crakes then add tumeric powder
- Add Bhatt pieces and Jhangora with Coriander & Chilli powder and Salt.
- Cook on slow fire