In the line of successful events this year, Lake City Nainital is organising “Governor’s Gold Cup – Sailing Regatta” on Naini Lake.
This three days Yachting Race event at the highest sailing lake of the world-The Naini Lake where 4 different teams – Army, Navy, Tamil Nadu Sailing Association and the Nainital Yacht Club will compete each other.
Earlier events like Char Dham Yatra, Hemkund Sahib Yatra, Nanda Devi Raj Jaat Yatra and Tehri Lake Adventure Sport Festival were held in Uttarakhand state.
Governor’s Gold Cup – Sailing Regatta
Get set for an adrenaline rush with a three-day long event-Yachting Race. Witness the adventure of yacht race. The festival is surely going to be an unforgettable experience of your life.
- Starting Date : Â Friday, 31 October 2014
- Ending Date : Â Sunday, 02 November 2014
- Venue: Â Naini Lake, Nainital
Schedule of Sailing Regatta – Governor’s Gold Cup
- 31st October 2014 : Flagging off the race by Dr. Aziz Qureshi (H.E. Governor of Uttarakhand & Patron in Chief of NTYC)
- 1st November 2014 : Inauguration of new Sails by Sh. Harish Rawat (Chief Minister of Uttarakhand)
- 2 November 2014 : Flag off of the second race by Sh. Dinesh Agarwal (Minister for sports, forests Govt. of Uttarakhand)
Places To Stay in Nainital
Nainital has long range/type/star of hotels. There are budget, deluxe and luxury hotels in Mussoorie where guest can stay during the Sailing Regatta. With picturesque places to visit in Nainital, Sailing Regatta is going to thrill you this winter.