HIMOTSAV 2017 is a two days cultural celebration of himlayan culture and diversity of both Nepal and India. Himotsav 2017 will be held on 28 – 29 Oct 2017 at Sahid Jaswant Singh Ground (Mahindra Ground), Garhi Cantt, Dehradun.
The Himotsav marks the celebration of the everlasting gorgeousness and spirit of the Himalayas in the countries of Nepal and India. Himotsav is a means to promote the lavish cultural diversity of the Himalayan region and promote tourism in the Himalayas. The Himotsav encourages the youth to explore the Himalayan heritage while bringing the cultures of two countries together.
Goal of Himotsav Festival 2017
Himotsav – ‘Uniting Culture’ is the motto of the Himotsav, to unify the cultural facet of both Nepal and India at a single platform while promoting the tranquility and resourcefulness of the Himalayas.
Events at Himotsav Festival 2017
- Himotsav Carnival showcasing the history of the Chaar Dhams and the Himalayan culture
- Cultural Rampwalks with traditional fashion on display.
- Cultural Dance performance by artists.
- Himalaya Ke Surr, a program to celebrate the Jaunsari, Garhwali, Nepali, Kumaoni, Jaunsari & Himachali melodies.
- Nritya, traditional dance performance by artists.