FRI Dehradun is one of the oldest institutions of its kind and acclaimed the world over. The Institute’s history is virtually synonymous with the evolution and development of scientific forestry, not only in India, but over the entire sub-continent. Set in a lush green estate spread over 450 hactares, with the outer Himalaya forming its back drop, the institute’s main building is an impressive edifice, marrying Greco-Roman and Colonial styles of architecture, with a plinth area of 2.5 hactares. The Institute has a developed infrastructure of all equipped laboratories, library, herbarium, arboreta, printing press and experimental field areas for conducting forestry research, quite in keeping with the best of its kind anywhere in the world. It is 7 Kms from Clock Tower, on the Dehradun-Chakrata motorable road and is of the biggest forest based training institute in India. Most of the forest officers are a product of this institute. The F.R.I. with its majestic building also houses a Botanical Museum for the attraction of tourists.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Plantation Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pulp and Paper Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Biodiversity Conservation
- M.Sc. Forestry (Economics and Management)
- M.Sc. Wood Science and Technology
- M.Sc. Environment and Management