All Saints College was founded in 1869 and is a pioneer institution for Women’s education. It is an English Medium residential cum Day College for girls from Class I to XII. The College combines the qualities of a finishing School with quality education imparted through state of the art aids. Extra Curricular activities include basketball, badminton, volley ball, table tennis, elocution, quizzes, and educational tours.
All Saint College is spread on a campus of over 30 acres. The School mainly consists of the Senior School and Junior School. The main building of the Senior School, built-in 1895, consists of the Principal’s Office, Main Office and Reception, Accounts Office, Maintenance Office, Classrooms, a well equipped Computer Department, Study Hall, Staff Room, Old Chapel, Kitchen, Dining Rooms for both Senior and Junior School, Senior Dormitories, Infirmary, etc. The School library and the Principal’s Residence provide an imposing view of the Main Building of the Senior School.
Academics in All Saints College Nainital
All Saints’ College, which has about 800 girls offers the students in its fold a unique opportunity to develop an all-rounded personality through the multi-faceted curriculum offered and sufficient facilities to excel in various spheres. The School, which has classes from I to V in the Junior School and classes VI to XII in the Senior School, prepares girls for the examinations conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi. The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (I.C.S.E.) examination is taken at the end of Class X and the Indian School Certificate (I.S.C.) examination is taken at the end of Class XII.
All Saints College in Nainital is an English Medium residential-cum-day girls’ college, but the School lays strong emphasis on Hindi also. The subjects offered are English, Hindi, History, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Structure of Modern Governments, Computer Science, Sociology and Art.
Facilities in All Saint’s College, Nainital
- Library: The library acts as a Centre of academic and intellectual development for staff and students, and contains encyclopedias, various series of world books and over 8,000 publications.
- Audio-Visual Room: The Audio Visual Room is equipped with a television, tape-recorder, over-head projector, computer, and LCD Projector. Teachers use these to deliver lessons and screen educational films.
- Computer Lab: Two internet-enabled computer laboratories with over 50 computers are designed to meet the students’ Information Technology needs.
- Science Lab: Three science laboratories provide a requisite hands-on experience which is the heart of science teaching. Science teachers along with with the lab assistant plan various demonstrations and experiments to ignite curiosity and inculcate a scientific temperament in the students.
- Sports Facilities: The School has excellent sports facilities, which include indoor and outdoor basketball courts, table tennis tables, badminton courts, an outdoor tennis court, a multipurpose ground, and a heated swimming pool. Opportunities for team games and physical training are facilitated by trained physical instructors and teachers. Students practice yoga and pursue sports like table tennis, volleyball, basketball, badminton, throwball, tennis, swimming, and athletics. They also enjoy board games like carrom and chess. The annual Inter-school and Inter-house athletics meetings are held to celebrate the spirit of sportsmanship every year.
- Infirmary: The College has a qualified and experienced doctor who visits the College infirmary twice a week. In addition, the qualified doctor remains in the infirmary as well as qualified medical personnel is a resident staff member of the school. Cases of minor ailments are cared for in the College infirmary while cases requiring hospital care are referred to as the Local Government Hospital, Nainital. Parents are informed when a student enters the infirmary or is referred to the Hospital.
Co-Curricular Activities in All Saint’s College, Nainital
- Games & Sports: The School offers facilities for a variety of games and sports. Physical training, Athletics, Gymnastics, Basketball, Handball, Cricket, Kho-kho, Table tennis, Badminton and Baseball are played. SUPW & Hobbies Opportunities for participation in extempore speaking, debating, elocution, dramatics, vocal and instrumental music, and photography are provided. Educational, documentary and feature films are shown in the school. Nature walks; picnics, treks and educational tours are also organized from time to time.
- Entertainment: The School offers a variety of activities including Dramatics, Indian and Western Music (both vocal and instrumental), Indian dance, etc. Inter-House Competitions in cultural programs, dramatics, games, and sports are an integral part of our system of education.
Admission in All Saint’s College, Nainital
The College Prospectus and Admission form is available from the College Office in the months of June, July and August for the ensuing year. Admissions, where vacancies exist, are made on the basis of an entrance examination/interview. Those children who are registered will be notified of the date of the examination.
- Admission to classes 1 to 5 opens a year before in July. Parents can collect form/prospectus from the school reception in the second week of July. Entrance exams are held every year in Oct/Nov, date and syllabus will be given on our website once registration is done.
- Admission to class VI and above depend on the vacancy in the class at the end of each session. If vacancies arise admission form/prospectus has to be collected from the office and submitted for registration a week before the entrance test date in February / March.
- Class XI: Admissions are not taken in Board classes (class X and XII) admission open for class XI in March every year. Parents can send an application with their daughter’s details and an attested photocopy of the pre-board mark sheet. Students are called for an interview along with the parents after the board examination gets over.
- Photocopy of the Birth Registration Certificate from the Municipal Office attested by any of the parents.
- Health Certificate (as certified in the Prospectus)
- Latest progress report of the student
- Original Transfer Certificate