Army Public School is a well known co-ed residential school in Lansdowne. Affiliated to CBSE, APS Lansdowne is up to 10+2 level and believes in the all-round development of students. Located amidst Himalayan beauty, Army Public School Lansdowne is providing high-quality education to the wards of defence personnel and some civilians too.
Established in 1978 as Sainik Kinder Garten school, APS Lansdowne has comes a long way to become an Army Public School run by AWES, Delhi. Army Public School has numerous teaching and co-curricular facilities for the proper education and development of the students.
Curriculum of Army Public School Lansdowne
Army Public School Lansdowne is running classes from Class I to Class 12 and affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi. School provides three streams to students which are Science, Commerce, and Humanity. There are best teaching faculty for each subject of all three streams in the school.
Army Public School also provides several academic activities such as –
- Computer-Aided Learning (CAL) & Paid Tuition classes after school
- Coaching classes for professional courses like Engineering, Medical, etc.
- Coaching classes for NDA, RIMC and Sainik School.
Facilities in APS Lansdowne
- Best Experienced Faculties.
- Well operational & enriched Library.
- Daily Practice session with topic wise exercises
- Efficient & effective teaching given through Smart Classes on every subject.
- Well equipped IT(computer) Labs.
- Extensive/complete study material.
- Scheduled test series & Test analysis sessions.
- Individual counseling for personality improvement.
- Best Hostel facilities for Boys.
- Guidance for NDA aspirants.
Extra-Curricular Activities in APS Lansdowne
- Workshops & Training Programs: To make teachers updated and well aware of the latest training and technology, they have been sent to attend many workshops organized at FDRC and other places.
- Technical and ADM Inspection: Technical and Administrative Inspection is conducted in the month of Sep-Oct by the composition of a Board of officers annually.
- Annual Cultural and Sports Meet: It is celebrated with full enthusiasm every year in the month of October. On the day different cultural and sports activities are conducted. Academic achievers and performers in co-curricular activities are praised and rewarded.
- Eco-Club: The Club is responsible to keep the surrounding clean and green for our better present and future too. Due to the degradation of the environment and increasing pollution, we are preparing and educating our students to combat it and develop aesthetic surroundings. We are trying to integrate environmental issues with academics. The regular plantation is done by the school’s Eco-club.
Registration & Admission in Army Public School Lansdowne
The application forms of only those children will be considered for admission to Class I, who have completed 5-years of age as on 31-03-2019. Older children are to be given admission in age-appropriate classes.
List of documents to be submitted:-
- Details of Date of Birth:
- Copy of Part-II order with Serving Certificate (for Army Personnel).
- Original Date of Birth Certificate, issued by MCD or any other local body (for Civilian).
- Two passport size photographs of the child.
- Adhaar Card.
- Original TC (with countersigned, other than CBSE schools) and Report Card.
The priority of Admission
a) Children of Serving Army Personnel.
b) Children of Ex-Servicemen.
c) Children of Serving Air Force and Naval Personnel.
d) Children of Civilians.
- First test- last Saturday of March.
- Thereafter last Saturday of each month (for transfer cases).
NOTE: For Prospectus and other details, contact the school.