Army Public School is a well known co-ed residential school in Lansdowne. Affiliated to CBSE, APS Lansdowne is upto 10+2 level and believes in all round development of students. Located amidst himalayan beauty, Army Public School Lansdowne is providing a high quality education to the wards of defence personnel and some civilians too.
Established in 1978 as Sainik Kinder Garten school, APS Lansdowne has comes a long way to become a Army Public School run by AWES, Delhi. Army Public School has numerous teaching and co-curricular facilities for the proper education and development of the students.
Curriculum of Army Public School Lansdowne
Army Public School Lansdowne is running classes from Class I to Class 12 and affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi. School provides three streams to students which are Science, Commerce and Humanity. There are best teaching faculty for each subject of all three streams in the school.
Army Public School also provides several academic activities such as –
- Computer Aided Learning (CAL) & Paid Tuition classes after school
- Coaching classes for professional courses like Engineering, Medical etc.
- Coaching classes for NDA, RIMC and Sainik School.
Co-Curricular Activities in APS Lansdowne
Army Public School Lansdowne equally focus education and physical/mental strength of the students. School carry many indoor and outdoor activities such as
- Outdoor activities – Adventure Camp, Class Picnics, Excursion Tour, Trekking Tours, Eco Club activities
- Indoor Activities – Essay, Speech, Debate, Extempore speech, Talk, Subject wise Quiz and Subject based games.
- Sports – Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Foot Ball, Badminton Table Tennis, Indoor Games and Atheletics, Gymnastics, Band & Field exercises.
Registration & Admission in Army Public School Lansdowne
Army Public School Lansdowne gives priority to wards of Defence personnel in admission process. Admission will be given to children of serving defence personnel, ex-servicemen and civilians.
Wards of Defence Person, Ex-servicemen – 90%
Civilian – 10%
APS Lansdowne provides admission to class I to XII. Upto class VI, direct admission is given without the transfer certificate. Minimum age for admission in Class I is 5 years. Parents/Guardian have to fill a registration form (given below) before admission with Proof of Age, Transfer Certificate and report card of last class passed.
Proof of Age –
- For Defence Personnel, record of service duly attested by their commanding officer.
- Birth certificate issued by military,civil hospital or municipality, gram panchayat are accepted.
Fee Structure in APS Lansdowne
|Fee Details||Officers||Officer Ex-Servicemen||JCO||JCO Ex-Servicemen||OR||OR Ex-Servicemen||Civilian|
|Registration + Admission + Security||2350||2350||2000||2000||1850||1850||2950|
|School Fee (Library, Building, Exam, Games, etc)||1825||1825||1625||1625||1525||1525||1925|
|Class I to V||950||760||850||680||750||600||770|
|VI to X||1050||840||950||950||850||680||870|
|XI to XII||1150||920||1050||1050||950||760||975|
Computer Science Fee (Half Yearly):
For Class I to X: Rs 450/-
For Class XI & XII: Rs 300/-
Science Fee (One Time):
For Class IX & X: Rs 500/-
For Class XI & XII: Rs 750/-
|Registration + Admission + Security||4500||4500||4500||7000|
|Hostel Fee in two installments (Apr & Oct)|
|Officer,JCOs,ORs & Civilian||Ex-Servicemen|
|Total Hostel Fees||37500||32650|
Note: Expected increase is 10-15% every year
A detailed fee structure can be seen here: School Fee