Carman Residential and Day School was founded on 3rd March 1960 by Mr and Mrs I. L. G. Mann in the backdrop of Himalayan Range in Doon Valley, Uttarakhand, India.
Carman School was founded with an amalgamation of their names i.e. Mr. Mann and Miss. Carbery in 1962 and under their guidance Carman Premnagar was established in 1987. The school caters to Day Scholars, Residential Students and Day Boarders and though each day brings with a new scenario and new challenges, yet each day as the head of this Institution dealing with staff and guardians who think alike for the betterment of the child is a pleasure indeed.
Affiliation in Carman School Dehradun
It is an Institution recognized by the Government as a Co-Educational Anglo Indian Institution and is open to all Nationalities, castes, and creeds without any reservation. The School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE), New Delhi.
Facilities in Carman School Dehradun
- Transportation: The school provides transportation facilities to students. Buses are operated in all important routes. We have well experienced and trained drivers and nannies to take care of the children.
- Sports: School sports facilities are used to deliver the formal curriculum, increase participation levels and provide facilities for the wider community.
- Science Laboratories: A Science lab is a workplace for the conduct of scientific research. It helps students to remember the concepts better. The school has well-equipped laboratories For Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Students are encouraged to use these laboratories to learn through experiments. Every year latest instruments, specimens, charts, etc. are purchased for these laboratories.
- Library: A school library is a library within a school where students and staff have access to a variety of books. The goal of the school library is to ensure that all members of the school have equal access to books for reading and learning. A school library uses all types of books and utilizes the books for information gathering.
- Computer Lab: Technology plays a major role in twenty-first-century education. The new model of integrating technology into the curriculum means that computers are on-demand throughout the school day.
- Smart Class: We provide the smart classes as Digital learning is replacing traditional educational methods more and more each day.
- Auditorium: The Auditorium serves as a space for encouraging creativity and fostering communication. The daily assembly, talks by guest speakers, competitions, and important functions including the annual day, Independence Day and Teachers Day are held here. It has proved to be very popular for small conferences, drama, and debating events, visiting speakers and meetings.
- Medical Bane: In case of a student un-well for a home examination a Medical Certificate to that effect by an M.B.B.S. Doctor must be supplied immediately. This privilege can be utilized only once in the year.
Activities in Carman Residential and Day School
Educational Tours, Dramatics, Sports, cricket, football, swimming, Debates
Hostel and Boarding Facilities in School
The Carman School offers boarding hostel facilities for boys and girls separately. For the boys, the boarding is distinguished into three segments Junior, Middle and Senior Dorm.
The girls are looked after in a separate dormitory. The Principal is in direct contact with every student. The students are looked after by matrons and house masters and a trained nurse who live on the campus and looks after the Schools’ infirmary. In hostel students all varieties of food, clothing are provided by School with medical care.
Admission in Carman Residential and Day School
Registration is done throughout the year and is not transferable to any other year. Pupils seeking admission will be tested on the syllabus of the standard below the one to which they seek admission. A qualifying written test in English, Maths, Hindi, and Science is held to asses the ability of scholars for admission to a particular class. The Application form for admission will be provided to the candidate after assessment in the test and final interview with the head of the institution. The medium of instruction in the school is English and a candidate who cannot understand and speak simple English is not recommended. Hindi is an essential subject. The form for registration is attached as Appendix ‘D’ with this prospectus. No admission will be considered unless all the requirement is fully met.