Colonel Brown Cambridge School (CBS) was founded in March 1926, by Col. and Mrs. W.Brown for Indian boys. It is an English Medium residential school open to all boys irrespective of their caste, creed or social status. All the students are equivalent for Colonel Brown Cambridge School. The school is considered as one of the finest educational institute of India. The Motto of the school is “MAGNA EST VERITAS” which means “TRUTH IS GREAT” in Latin. The school not only works on success in examination but its endeavor is to develop a sense of initiative, responsibility, discipline, self-reliance, punctuality, cleanliness, loyalty, respect for seniors, importance of games and of team spirit while at work or play.
Colonel Brown Cambridge School for Indian Boys was founded in March 1926, by Col.and Mrs. W.Brown, for Indian boys. It is an English Medium Residential School and is open to all boys irrespective of caste, creed or social status. The school ranks high amongst educational Institutions in India. It attracts students not only from all parts of India but also from parents living abroad.
The Col Brown Cambridge School (CBS) is affiliated to the Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE)
Facilities in CBS Dehradun
Along with studies, boys must also stay good at physical fitness. Colonel Brown Cambridge School is a well equipped Hospital with an attached isolation Ward. A qualified Medical Practitioner visits the Hospital daily. Boys are medically checked at the beginning of each term. Extra charges of Rs. 100 per term are made for blood tests, other tests, X-Rays and for special medicines.
- Playground: The school hosts a vast series of playgrounds where you can play Tennis, Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, Football, Hockey, and Cricket, etc.
- The Tamarind Theatre: The Tamarind Theatre was inaugurated on 17th March 1993. Tamarind Theatre is a hexagonal open-air theatre which can easily hold 1200 students.
- Library: The school has a big library which provides a peaceful environment where students love to study. The library also has an internet facility.
- Hospital: The hospital has a resident nurse. A doctor visits the school for regular check-ups and keeps the health record of a child. A panel of doctors is always available on 24 hours notice for any medical emergencies.
- Hostel Facility: All rooms are provided with electric lights and electric fans. The school houses its own bakery and both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian food is served. Boys get three substantial meals daily, in addition to Chota Hazri and afternoon Tea. Dick House, Silverton, McIntosh House, Longford House, Ireland House, White House, Colonel’s House, Patel House, and India House are different places where the students accommodate.
Activities in Col Brown Cambridge School
Other than sports and games special hobby classes are also given equal importance in the school. Painting, Woodwork, Drama, Photography, Music are also given importance in the school so that the students can discover their creativity.
Admissions in Col Brown Cambridge School (CBS)
Admission to Col. Brown School is done in the month of March/July each year on the basis of merit after conducting a written test.
The school holds an entrance test for admission. The school has a right to debar a child from admission to the school if he is admitted to the school purely on the basis of merit and recommendations of any kind. As soon as the child steps inside the gates of the school, the mental, as well as the physical grooming of the child, then becomes the responsibility of the Colonel Brown Cambridge School.