Columbus Public School is a co-educational day and residential school that is affiliated to CBSE. The medium of instruction is English. The school has classes from class I to class XII. Being a day-cum-boarding school, the school offers high standard hostel facilities to its students and the students are given personal care.
The school also has a separate nursery wing known as ‘Pink Petals’ for toddlers from Pre-Nursery to UKG. It follows the world-renowned Montessori pattern of preschool education. The school focuses on academics as well as extra-curricular activities that shape the character, talent, and skills of the students.
Columbus Public School Rudrapur Curriculum
The school adheres to the curriculum laid out by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) along with Comprehensive and Continuous Evaluation (CCE). The medium of instruction is English and great stress is laid to develop fluency and accuracy in the language. The school offers two streams for the +2 levels :
Science: English Core, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Economics/Computer Science/Bio-Tech
Commerce: English Core, Mathematics, Economics, Accountancy, Business Studies, Informatics Practices
Columbus Public School Rudrapur Features
- Infrastructure: The school campus comprises of a large three-story building with well-ventilated spacious classrooms. Each class is fitted with CCTV surveillance.
- Sports Facilities: The sprawling playground along with designated space for basketball, badminton, volleyball, cricket, kho-kho, etc. A Sports Room is also designed for indoor games like chess, table tennis, carom, etc.
- Digital Classrooms: The school consists of five digitally-facilitated rooms with digital smart board, LCD projector, computer, etc.
- Library: The school has a big library hall. The library has an assortment enriched with books of various tastes, work of great figures, English & Hindi literature, journals, magazines, comics, newspapers, career information brochures and a wide collection of reference books to tempt any avid reader.
- Laboratory: The school has labs for all subjects as per the specifications and requirements of CBSE. The school owns separate labs for various subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths & Computers.
Admission to Columbus Public School Rudrapur
The school grants admissions in classes pre-nursery to class IX and XI subject to the availability of vacant seats. The eligible candidates are required to take an entrance test and a subsequent interview. Students in Pre Nursery and Nursery are admitted without a formal assessment.
Admission is a four-stage process as follows:
1st Stage: Procuring Prospectus: The School Prospectus & Registration Form can be obtained from the School Administrative Office on payment of Registration Fee.
2nd Stage: Registration: The applicant must be registered with the school to be considered for admission. Registration form is a part of the Prospectus. Duly filled registration form along with the date of birth certificate issued by the Competent Government Authority and Passing Certificate of the last class attended should be submitted to the school.
3rd Stage: Aptitude Assessment: The aptitude assessment is conducted during the month of March every year for admission in the next academic session. The student’s aptitude is assessed in English, Hindi, Mathematics and General Awareness.
4th Stage: Interview: After the aptitude assessment is evaluated, an Admission Committee consisting of the Management, Principal and Senior Teachers decide on a benchmark for inviting students to come to the school for an interview along with their parents.
Pre-Nursery – Above 2 ½ years
Nursery – 3 – 4 years
LKG – 4 -5 years
UKG – 5 – 6 years
Class I – Above 6 years