Convent of Jesus and Mary is one of the oldest chains of girl’s school in India. Convent of Jesus & Mary High School is also written as CJM Dehradun and it was founded in the year 1901. It is located in the idyllic surroundings of the picturesque Doon Valley. The school stands for academic excellence, development of skills and character formation.
Convent of Jesus and Mary CJM is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE). The academic session of the school begins in April and ends in March of the following year.
The Convent of Jesus & Mary School which has been established by the J&M Dehradun Educational Society, a Christian Minority Institution, aims primarily at the education of the Catholic Community and the preservation of Catholic faith and religious practices. Preference in admission to the School will be given to Catholic children. Admission will, however, be open to children of other communities without distinction of caste or creed
The main subjects offered in CJM Dehradun are English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History/Civics, Geography, Economics, General Knowledge, Commerce, Accounts, Psychology and Computer Science. Creative abilities of the students are also nourished in Dance, Music – Vocal and Instrumental, Yoga, Drawing, Art and Needle Work, etc.
Facilities in Convent of Jesus and Mary (CJM) Dehradun
- Biology Lab
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Home Science Lab
- Junior Computer Lab
- Smart Class
- DINA’s Hall
- FATIMA’s Hall
Physical Training & Games in CJM Dehradun
Sports and games help develop in children’s initiative, decision making, endurance, skill, team spirit, and emulation. They build up confidence in their strength and a parallel consideration for the weakness of others.
- Physical training, games, and sports are compulsory activities of the School curriculum.
- A medical certificate by an authorized/M.B.B.S. doctor must be produced if a pupil needs an exemption from physical training or games.
- Those students exempted from physical training or games must be with the class during P. T. periods.
- The Games Referee is the sole authority on the games field and his/her decision is final.
- Habitual lack of punctuality, disobedience to the Referee or Games Captain or unsporting behavior displayed on the field are sufficient reasons to suspend a player from games and if the offense is serious the player will be disqualified from the Inter-House or Inter-School matches.
- Students participating in Inter-House or Inter-School matches and athletics must take special care to apply themselves more diligently to their studies.
Admission to Convent of Jesus and Mary (CJM) Dehradun
- Registration for L.K.G will be accepted in September/October. Registration forms will be available from the school office.
- Parents of new students seeking admission must produce a Municipal/ Hospital/ Cantonment Board Birth Certificate or a Baptism Certificate.
- The Principal and Management reserve the right to admit or refuse parents seeking admission for their wards to the school.