Doon Cambridge School in Dehradun is one of the most well known Schools in India. The Doon Cambridge School founded in the year 1982 by Mr. WC Kashyap, in its development from strength to strength has the proud privilege of having taught many students who have later become Distinguished Educationist’s Army and civil Officers, Engineers, Chartered Accountants and successful Businessman.
Doon Cambridge School in Dehradun has no bias for any religion or caste. They give admissions to the children from all the sectors of the society. It is an English medium co-educational School. There are about 1700 students studying in this School of Dehradun. The School is spread over a large area.
The Doon Cambridge school founded in the year 1982 in its development from strength to strength has the proud privilege of having taught many students who have later become Distinguished Educationist’s Army and civil Officers, Engineers, Chartered Accountants and successful Businessman.
The School is preparing Boys and Girls for ICSE and ISC (+2) Examination. The Doon Cambridge School provides the fullest opportunity for a student to develop his/her all-round personality in addition to scholarly pursuits. The students are offered both the streams- Science and Commerce at the +2 level.
Curriculum of Doon Cambridge School
The Doon Cambridge School is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE), New Delhi. Any individual irrespective of sex, caste, nationality or profession should feel free to enroll his child in this institution. The school offers all the three streams- Medical, Non-Medical Science and Commerce.
Academics in Doon Cambridge School
The students are offered both the streams – Science & Commerce at the +2 level. Doon Cambridge School boast of 100% percent results with a higher tally of credits & distinction) in the examinations conducted by the ICSE, New Delhi but equal emphasis is laid on extracurricular activities such as debates, declamations, dramatics, games, shooting, skating, science quiz contests) trek to hills, swimming) horse riding) health dub) gymnasium and other adventure sports.
Facilities in Doon Cambridge School, Dehradun
- Boarding: The hostel buildings are modern in architectural design and aesthetics. The hostel accommodation consists of dormitories for junior students and spacious rooms for senior students. The rooms are well-lighted, well-ventilated and airy. They are conveniently furnished. The common room is a place for social interaction and recreation. There is a color TV and VCR in the common room and newspapers and magazines are also provided.
- Library: The School Library with its wide range of books to meet the demands of every age group and taste, endeavors to develop the reading habit and the appreciation of literature among the students.
- Health Care: Medical care is an important prerogative of the school. Medical cards have been issued to every student. Regular measurement of height and weight is taken and recorded along with blood group and birth signs. Regular medical checkups are done and parents are informed if any disease is detected. Dental Check-up is also done and talk on oral hygiene is done class wise. Periodic talks on personal hygiene and adolescent problems are done and students are counseled. The school provides first aid and emergency cases are sent to nearby doctors. There is also a proper provision of clean toilets and safe drinking water.
- Transportation: The school is having deluxe buses with experienced and educated drivers and responsible conductors to cater to the conveyance need of its students within a radius of 10 km. The school takes the utmost care of the safety and security of its students. Therefore, the students in every route are escorted by responsible teachers.
- Laboratories: The school provides to the students, the use of Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Home Science and Psychology. Laboratories equipped with the most modern apparatus. These encourage students to learn through experiments and research.
- Computer Labs: The school provides a well-equipped computer center to make the students know and learn new technology.
Co-Curricular Activities in Doon Cambridge School, Dehradun
Along with modernity, the emphasis is given to assimilate and take pride in our rich heritage. For this, we also provide additional classes. To encourage the students to take part in group discussions and bring out an introvert child & to discover their hidden talents. The School offers the following activities which are conducted under the supervision of trained and experienced staff in six periods a week: Horse Riding, Skating, Students Social Gathering, Science Lab, Music Club, Literary Club, Trekking and Rafting, Swimming, Public Speaking, Handicrafts, Dance Club, Dramatic Club.
Sports Activities in the School
Doon Cambridge School in Dehradun provides sports facilities for Football, Hockey, Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Boxing, Throw-ball, Horse Riding, Swimming, Skating, and Athletics
Registration and Admission in Doon Cambridge School Dehradun
Doon Cambridge School in Dehradun gives notice for admission in the newspapers. After registration, the child has to go through a test. Having qualified the Entrance Exam, the student has to appear for an interview taken by the Admission Selection Committee. The clearance of which is a must. Admission is solely on the basis of merit and as per vacancies. Merit scholarships are given to the deserving candidates.