Doon Global School was established in 1998 and it is affiliated with Central Board of Secondary education (CBSE), New Delhi. Doon Global School is also written as DGS. It is a co-educational, residential and day school situated on the banks of river Tons in Dehradun city, facing the picturesque hills. The school has successfully produced outstanding results in board examinations since its inception.
Many students of DGS have got admission to prestigious medical, engineering and various other professional institutes in India and abroad. Doon Global School is committed to providing a challenging, enriching, and purposeful learning environment and stands by the school motto ‘Living By Virtue’.
Academics in Doon Global School
The Doon Global School is the only private CBSE day cum residential school in Dehradun that embraces innovative teaching and learning methodologies in order to enhance the curricular and co-curricular experiences.
The Doon Global School is additionally the only school in the state of Uttarakhand to have been selected by the Atal Innovation Labs (AIL) under the aegis of the NITI Ayogscheme for the establishment of the ATL Tinkering Lab to enable innovative thought and entrepreneurial spirit among the students by offering state of the art equipment and workspaces.
The Doon Global School additionally promotes academic thought and scientific inquiries by making available to students various additional science/computing facilities such as Robotics Lab and 3D Printing labs.
Facilities in The Doon Global School
- Classrooms: The classrooms have been designed in such a way that there is ample supply of natural light & fresh air to energize the students.
- Library: The school has an updated heterogeneous stock of books available for our students. We encourage the kids to read, explore & learn not only from their curriculum but also from Newspapers, magazines, Fiction & Moral boosting novels.
- Infirmary: A doctor is present in the school premise in the school hours every day to provide for the basic health check-up & first aid. We also have a tie-up with Vohra Nursing Home-Prem Nagar, Joshi Multi-speciality Hospital – Selaqui & Shivalik Ayurvedic Hospital – Jhajra for assisting us in any untoward situation. We also plan periodic health check-ups in synch with the parents.
- Laboratories: Doon Global School also has well-equipped computer labs easily accessible to its day scholars as well as residential students with the latest computers and software. Round the clock Internet connectivity has also been made available for the students in certain secured zones.
- Sports Facility: Lush green outfields, with all sports amenities, await the kids at DGS. One of the major focuses of our school has been the endurance development of a child. We make sure that the day of a child starts with physical development & fitness. A choice of multiple sports activities like Cricket, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Skating, Badminton, Table Tennis, Gym, etc. are available for every student as per his/her passion & Professional coaches for football & cricket along with the parents try & create a platform which sees that the child gets the due exposure for his next milestone by honing their skills.
- Safety & Security: A completely secured campus with CCTV & Security guards ensure that the safety of no child is compromised. No visitor is allowed access to the campus unless authorized by the concerned department.
Co-curricular activities in The Doon Global School, Dehradun
There are a lot of co-curricular activities offered in Doon Global School which helps in developing students. Co-curricular activities that students can participate in are Karate, skating, yoga, music, kathak, dramatics, drawing, batik, debates, quizzing, painting, tie & dye, clay modeling and pottery, sculpture, Indian dance, and Indian & western music. Special courses in rock climbing, rifle shooting are also organized in DGS.
Admissions in The Doon Global School
Boarding School: The school takes admissions from class 1st onwards up to class 12th.
Day School: The school takes admissions from class Nursery onwards up to class 12th.
The admission process starts in September each year. There are three filters that we apply while inducing a student:
- Past Report Card
- Assessment exam (MCQ based on English, Math & Science of the previous class appeared)
- Our Interaction with the child
The parent has to register a child before we take the assessment exam/interaction. Once the registration is done, we initiate the assessment exam & the interaction with the child, taking the process to closure. The registration can be done in both offline & online mode.