Doon Sarla Academy was established in 1991 in the memory of Late Smt. Sarla Devi(1936-1991) with the aim to give all-round development to the students. This institution has made its aim to not only give bookish knowledge but also to inculcate Duty, Devotion, and Discipline among the students. The institution started with five students and today it has the strength of more than 600 students. This institution is recognized by the Uttarakhand government and is in the process of attaining recognition from C.B.S.E. board
The motto of the Doon Sarla Academy is Duty, Devotion, and Discipline. The school follows a diverse learning system based on new innovations and ideas so that a child learns beyond the books. In the healthy environment of the school, a child grows & prospers as a good social being. Devoted faculty of the Doon Sarla Academy, works for the all-round development of the child through studies, sports, and many other activities.
Facilities in Doon Sarla Academy, Dehradun
- Foreign Guest Workshop: Foreign Guest Talk Workshop is a regular feature of DSA. It helps a child to be aware & learn different cultures across the globe in the era of globalization. Ms. Lisa & Ms. Lauren (American Scientists) interacted with DSAites.
- CCTV Surveillance 24*7: DS Academy Classrooms are under CCTV surveillance! Parents can come & watch their ward/wards during the School Hours as well through CCTV Live Recording!
- Smart Classes: Technology has brought innovations into the classroom, innovations that not only make it easy to understand and enhance knowledge but also make it fun and interactive. Smart Class initiative brings a new dimension to the classroom – by using interactive content to facilitate conventional teaching. The system is designed to assist teachers in meeting with their classroom challenges and enhancing student’s academic performance with simple, practical and meaningful use of technology. It aids teachers with instant access to relevant instructor-led multimedia content and instruction materials.
- Computer Lab: Computer Lab is well equipped with a sufficient number of computers with up to date software. Students visit the lab for demo classes followed by lab activities where they get hands-on practice on different tools and programs to enhance their technical skills in the field of information technology.
- Library: The school has a well-stocked and well-maintained Library consisting of about 10,000 books covering various subjects. These are easily made available to the students with the view in mind that good reading habits help the students in acquiring the power of imagination, expression, and appreciation of literature. We have also a good number of magazines, periodicals, and journals from national and international publications that help the students to keep abreast of the time and widen their world view.
- Medical and Counseling Facilities: The Guidance and Career Counseling department helps every student to explore their resources. Health camps are also organized to monitor the overall well-being of the students.
- Transport Facility: DSA’s school bus is designed for the safety and comfort of the children. The transportation is carried by a highly trained and experienced driver and also the children are accompanied by a female teacher.
Co-curricular & Sports Activities in Doon Sarla Academy, Dehradun
This institution works for the all-round development of the students through studies, sports, and many other activities. Educational activities in subjects like Maths, Science, G.K, Art, Essay, Poem Recitation competitions are organized in the school throughout the academic year. Many sports competitions like Table Tennis, Badminton, Carom, Chess, Kho-kho, Basket-ball are also organized.
For the character development of a student, debate competitions, group discussions, cultural programs, etc. are also organized. Special classes in singing, Dancing, Craft, Cooking, stitching, etc. are also part of the curriculum. Educational Tours, Annual Functions, Sports day and Exhibitions are part of the initiatives we take for students which act as a platform to portray their talent & develop. Students and teachers are encouraged to give their best with proper rewards/awards & recognitions being the motivating element.
Admission in Doon Sarla Academy, Dehradun
The candidate seeking admission to the school has to apply for registration in the prescribed form between January to March every year. The registered applicants will be called for admission tests/ interviews.
Application for Admission should be applied through the prescribed APPLICATION FORM available at the school office. The registration form must be filled as per the instructions and to be submitted to the school office along with a passport size photograph of the child and with an authentic birth certificate/transfer certificate within the given period. The decision of selection for admission rests solely with the school principal.
Documents required at the time of admission:
- Social Category Certificate (if any)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Photocopy of Rashan Card (BPL)
- Photocopy of Adhar Card (Student)
- Copy of Bank Account Pass Book’s First Page (The one which gives details about your verified address)