Doon Valley Public School (DVPS) is co-ed boarding school offering an ideal opportunity to interact with students from various parts of the world and gain international advantage. DVPS has been conceived as an answer to the growing need for a world-class residential School. Doon Valley Public School offers a comprehensive learning environment, with personal freedom, and the richness of non-academic activities.
Doon Valley Public School Dehradun was started in 2 April 1982. Both foreign as well as Indian students take admission in this School as it provides quality education like the other residential Schools in India. The school run classes from Nursery to Class XII.
The school was started on 2nd April 1982 by our Late. Founder Shri. G.R. Shimal and his wife Mrs. Chandra Prabha Shimal. It is a co-ed boarding school, affiliated to CBSE and has students from different parts of the world. DVPS has small classes with individual attention given to each student. Also a strong core curriculum and the opportunity to learn in a fun-filled, relaxed atmosphere using modern technology.
Curriculum in Doon Valley Public School
- Pre Primary Section: The pre-primary section provides a treasure trove of activities to polish their potential with provisions like toy room, multimedia, audio-visual room, sandpit, clay pit, clay work, dance, skating, aerobics, swimming & a play zone to keep their mind & body fit.
- Primary Section: In the primary section emphasis is laid to enhance the English speaking skills, diction, etiquette, phonetics, social & emotional adjustments & development of neuromuscular co-ordination through exposure to related activities.
- Middle Section: The middle section of schooling would involve a basic understanding of various sciences, intermediate Maths and Social Science subjects. This is also the time when the student is exposed to the Historical and Geographical facts of our world. Grammar is introduced for the languages chosen by the student.
- Secondary Section: At this final phase of schooling, children are taught all the subjects to perfection, helping them understand the course of learning they will be opting for in the time to come. Stress is given to Sciences and Maths for maximizing the options available to the child.
- Sr. Secondary Section: The threshold of life, senior secondary education prepares the child for the career options he or she is supposed to take. While the focus is on specialized learning of the subjects opted for, enough attention is given to the finishing education of the adolescent children ready to enter their life.
Facilities in Doon Valley Public School Dehradun
- Library: The Doonvally School Library known as the KILACHAND LIBRARY provides academic resources for all constituents of the school -students, faculty and administrative staff. A library collections stand out around 18,000 documents consists of books and multimedia on a variety of subjects. There are 32 computers with intranet and internet connectivity available in the library for academic use. Library provides reprographic services along with scanning and color printouts to its patron.
- Hostel Facility: The spacious school boarding houses have been designed to provide a neat, safe and comfortable living environment for the children. All the Boarding Houses are equipped with a common entertainment room with indoor games facilities on each floor. All rooms have attached toilets with students being provided with individual wardrobes and study desks. Live-in staff and helpers ensure the well being, safety, and comfort of the students at all times. 24 hours security services are provided for residential students to ensure their safety and security.
- Multi-purpose Hall: A large Multi-Purpose Hall is the center of considerable activity and has facilities for indoor badminton, basketball, table tennis, dramatics, and musical performances. It also houses an audiovisual room and a gymnasium. In the basement is the Teachers’ Centre which is used for seminars, lectures and teacher enhancement programs.
Doon Valley Public School Co-curricular Activities
The Doon Valley Public School organizes a wide range of traditional and modern extra-curricular activities that encourage the all-round development of the students.
Sports Activities in Doon Valley Public School
Outdoor sports like Basketball, Cricket, Aerobics, Volleyball, and indoor games like table tennis, carom, chess, and scrabble are also played in this School. Apart from these games, this School also organizes morning sports session that includes jogging, yoga, and drill classes.
Registration and Admission Procedure
Boys and girls are eligible for Day Boarding and Boys only for the Boarding.
Children must fulfill the minimum age requirement as on 1st July of the year in which admission is sought for:
- Nursery: 2½ +
- KG-II: 4+
- Class I: 5+ and so on
If someone wants to admit his/her child, then the person must have to collect the application form along with the registration form and prospectus. The prospectus and application forms are available here for you to download. Printed copies are also available for Rs. 1000 from the office. Printed copies will be sent by courier on receipt of your payment of Rs.1000, payable by cheque or demand draft, favoring Doon Valley Public School.
To take admission in Doon Valley Public School, one has to appear in both the written test and personal interview. Students are given admission on the basis of their performances in these tests. The date of the Interview/ Entrance Test will be communicated at the time of obtaining the Prospectus or at the time of Registration. Registration does not in any way ensure admission. Students must appear for the Interview/ Entrance Test on the specified date otherwise registration will be treated as canceled.
Admission to class XI will be granted on the basis of performance in X Board Examination, Entrance Test & Counseling. The subject will be given as per the capability of the candidate & availability of seats.
The following documents are to be submitted along with fee/ before joining the school.
Birth Certificate (attested by Gazetted Officer)
Original Transfer Certificate of the previous school, counter-signed by D.E.O./ Regional CBSE Officer in accordance with the class in which admitted. Photocopy of Pass Marksheet of Previous Class.