The DPSG Dehradun is a co-educational school that is promoted by Delhi Public School Ghaziabad Society. The school is affiliated to CBSE Curriculum from Class 1 to Class 12. Currently, it provides classes from KG to Class 8 with a plan to add a class every year.
With an excellent teacher-student ratio, the school follows the ethos set up by previous DPS schools all over the country and provides holistic education complemented with best day school facilities and infrastructure. The school offers an encouraging learning environment in order to instill ‘real-life’ skills and awareness.
DPSG Dehradun Academics
The school offers three different curriculums for Primary, Middle and Senior school levels in the school.
Primary School: Grades 1 to 5 comes under Primary School. The pupils are given opportunities to play and learn and express themselves creatively. For grades 1 and 2, the emphasis is laid on language as well as mathematics in practical terms. Children are also introduced to computers.
Middle School: Grades 6-8 falls under Middle School. In middle school, the focus is on self-reliance in learning. The curriculum incorporates social studies and science into the regular curriculum. Sports and hobbies play a role in drawing out talent among the students.
Senior School: Senior School comprises of grades 9-12. The CBSE conducts two examinations under the 10+2 school system in India, namely, the All India Secondary School Examination (AISSE – Year 10); and the All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE – Year 12).
DPSG Dehradun Features
Built on 11 acres of campus, the school has well-spacious classrooms, in addition to science and computer labs. A well-stocked library, audio-visual rooms, and a robotics lab. For games and sports, the school offers tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket nets, and skating rink. A separate studio for arts, crafts, and performing arts is also available at the school.
Admission to DPSG Dehradun
Currently, the School is offering Admission from Grade Nursery to Grade 11. The School Prospectus along with the Registration Forms are available at the School Accounts Office at a Fee of Rs. 2000.
Documents required are:
- Attested copy of Birth Certificate
- Previous Year’s Report Card
- Passport Size Photographs – 2
- Eligibility for Grade1: Completion of 5 years of Age on 31.01.2016
An entrance test and interaction with the school principal will be conducted on the basis of which the candidate will be admitted to the school.
Once the admission is offered to a candidate, it may be confirmed by depositing the requisite fee along with the following documents in the School office:
- Admission Form duly completed
- Original copy of Birth Certificate to be checked
- One passport size photograph each of mother & father
- Four passport size photographs of child
- Original Transfer Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate duly attested (For Grade 2 and above)
- Photocopy of original mark sheet of the last examination passed (For Grade 2 and above)
- Medical certificate by a certified medical practitioner Details of allergies and any other chronic ailment