Grace Academy Dehradun is a residential cum day scholar english medium secondary school Christian minority school located at New Cantt Rd in Dehradun. The school is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi and run by Grace Educational Society.
Started from 10 July 1990 with a motto “Acquire Knowledge: Walk Worthy”, Grace Academy Dehradun offers education from Nursery to Class XII and follows the CBSE curriculum. The school has the best infrastructure facilities for sound education and Grace Student’ Residence, a hostel for Christians only.
Curriculum in Grace Academy Dehradun
Grace Academy Dehradun runs classes from Nursery to Class XII and teaches various subjects in different classes. The school offers Science and Commerce streams at the Senior Secondary level.
Facilities in Grace Academy
- Library: The school has a library that is stocked with over 7500 volumes and 996 reference books apart from periodicals magazines. New stocks are added every year to meet the ever-increasing demand for knowledge and facts. The school intends to have separate libraries for primary and high school students in order to cater to their needs. The school has started the e-Library, which gives students access to digital books, on and offline. They also have access to the internet for their various projects assigned to them.
- Zero-Hour Club: Special activities are organized in the Zero period to sharpen the innate skills of the students keeping their interests in mind. Dramatics, music, choreography, craftwork to name a few.
- Games & Sports: The school has a large athletic field. Games like Football, Cricket, and Volleyball are played on this field. Concrete courts are available for badminton and basketball. Special attention is given to the physical development of the students.
- Extra-curricular Activities: There are a number of activities planned for students in a year. Inter House Competitions like quiz, singing, elocution, folk dance, skit are organized for showcasing and honing the talents of the students.
- Music: Music is integral to Grace Academy and students are encouraged to take up vocal and instrumental forms. In addition to the students’ choir (Dews of Heaven), there is a staff choir as well.
Admission in Grace Academy Dehradun
Admission is possible only if there is a seat available in the required class. If there is a possibility, then after going through the report card and other documents of the child, the school will issue the prospectus which contains the registration form and conduct an assessment test. If the child clears the test, the parents are intimated about the results and the admission procedure will begin with the issuing of the school admission form. The admission form needs to be duly filled and submitted along with all the required documents. –
- Original Transfer Certificate with countersignature from DIOS/EO/office of the concerned regional Educational Board. This is applicable only if the child is studying in a different Board other than CBSE. No change in date of birth will be allowed after the submission of the Transfer Certificate.
- Copy of ST/SC/OBC Certificate (if any)
- Rs. 10 Blank Stamp paper for agreement between the school and the parents.
- Birth Certificate. No change in the date of birth will be allowed once admission is confirmed.