GRD Academy is an English medium co-ed school in Dehradun city providing quality education. The school was established in 1998 and running under the Guru Ram Das Educational Trust. The GRD Academy is affiliated to the CBSE, New Delhi. The school offers modern education to students from middle-class families by keeping affordable fees. The state of art infrastructure, best amenities, and facilities with a high standard of education make it one of the best schools in Dehradun.
GRD Academy nurtures children with quality education and offers the best facilities for children to develop talent and creativity. The school is located in the centre of the city at Niranjanpur. It offers classes from Play Group to Class XII.
GRD Academy Dehradun Curriculum
GRD Academy offers education as per the pattern and rules of CBSE, New Delhi. The academy consists of the following sections :
– Nursery Section: Play Group and KG
– Junior: – Class 1 to V
– Middle School: VI to VIII
– Senior Secondary School: IX to XII
GRD World School Dehradun Facilities
- Science Lab: Fully equipped Physics, Chemistry & Biology Labs provide students with an open environment to experiment & learn at their own pace. An effort is made to ensure that each student does real experiments. Competent faculty members ensure that students are given challenging tasks.
- Computer Lab: The school has three user-friendly Computer Labs equipped with the latest Technology & Computers. These Computer Labs support the academic study of Foundations of IT, Computer Science & Information Practices. at the Secondary & Senior- Secondary Level.
- Library: The school houses a huge library imaginatively stocked with about 5000 titles that cover fiction & nonfiction in all genres and subjects. The students are actively encouraged to use the library for independent study & for research towards their presentations and Projects.
- Transport: The school provides the children with an excellent Bus facility which t covers all of Dehradun. The school’School fleet of 15 Buses crisscrosses on routes covering the entire city. The Buses are spacious with the capacity to accommodate 24 to 42 students. The teachers ensure discipline in the buses to that the bus rules are not flouted.
- ERP: The school is well equipped with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to provide the latest information to students, parents and staff members. Parents are provided with the updated information regarding the attendance and progress of their ward.
- Sports Complex: Sports impart health and agility of mind in a practical manner on the playground. Sports and Games and an integral part of Education. A Large Indoor Multipurpose Hall houses a basketball court. A playground is a place of transformation and the nerve center of all activities.
- Music and Dance: Dance is an ideal means of communication to express what is too deep, too fine for words. GRD Academy students learn to choreograph and are made conversant with various Indian and Western dance forms like Indian Classical. The Department of Music and Dance is committed to excellence, innovation, learning in action and entrepreneurship.
- English Lab: The school has a dedicated English Lab equipped with Teach Next Software for Training Students with correct Pronunciations of tough words and for also developing strong Communication Skills.
- Swimming Pool: The School is among the very few Day Schools of Dehradun to have a fully functional large Swimming Pool. Competent and Trained Swimming Instructors impart training to the students during summer vacations.
Extra Co-Curricular Activities in GRD Academy Dehradun
The school conducts various extra co-curricular activities round the year for the overall personality development of the students. The school celebrates numerous events like Sports Day, Science week, Exhibition Day, Cultural week, Literary week, Creative week apart from Study tours and adventurous activities such as Mountaineering, Horse Riding, Trekking, Kayaking, Fishing, Camping.
GRD Academy Dehradun Admissions
The admission process in GRD Academy is started from April month and prospectus & admission forms are available from October month from the school office.
For Play Group: Minimum age 2 years
For KG: Minimum age 3 years
Registration for admission in playgroup, Nursery & KG is done from the month of January.
For Class, I to XII: Admission will be done by an entrance test and process starts from April and goes till July month.