Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School, Mussoorie is an English medium public school located in the lush green hills in Mussoorie. GNFCS Mussoorie is a residential school and affiliated to Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi and the University of Cambridge. The school offers classes from KG to XII.
Situated at the 6,750 feet above sea level in the mesmerizing surroundings of Mussoorie, Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School is a residential public school imparting education with eternal values. It was founded by S. Mehtab Singh and Sardarni Jasbir Kaur in 1969. GNFCS, Mussoorie runs co-ed classes from KG to Class XII in Arts, Commerce and Science streams.
Curriculum in GNFCS, Mussoorie
Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School, Mussoorie offers science and commerce streams right from class 9th and its academic session runs from March to November. Each year’s session is divided into two terms, March-June and July -November. Each term has two monthly tests for Class 7th to 12th and three for KG to 6th class.
Features of Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School, Mussoorie
- Campus: The school has a separate campus for boys and girls i.e. Vincent Hill and Shangri-la respectively spread over 85 acres in the beautiful and peaceful ranges of the Himalayas in Mussoorie.
- Boarding & Lodging: The school provides the best boarding and lodging facilities to the students with well-built dormitories. The senior students have rooms shared by three of them.
- Laboratories: The school has separate Physics, Chemistry, Biology as well as Computer labs in both the campuses with all the latest equipment and technology.
- Activities & Recreation: Both Campuses have running track, Tennis Courts, Astroturf Basketball & Volleyball Courts, Cricket Field, Hockey Field; Full size centrally heated indoor Swimming Pool, Table Tennis & Pool tables.
- Interschool Activities: Numerous sports activities and competitions have been conducted by M.S.S.A. The students of GNFCS have participated and excelled in all these competitions from time to time
Admission in Guru Nanak Fifth Centenary School, Mussoorie
Admission to the school is open to all, irrespective of caste, creed or religion. The minimum age for admission to the school is 4+ years. Only students of good moral character are granted admission. The entrance test for all the classes is conducted in the first week of March in the school. Parents can bring their wards to any of the centers nearest to their area. While making a selection for admission, preference is given to,
(i) Students in the lower age group.
(ii) The brothers, sisters, and children of students, who had earlier passed out of this school.
(iii) Children coming from English medium schools, or having enough proficiency, in the English language, to receive instruction through the medium of English