Guru Nanak Academy in Dehradun was established in the year 1972 to mark 500 Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak. Guru Nanak Academy is one of the good Schools in Dehradun, Uttaranchal.
Guru Nanak Academy in Dehradun provides 2 multipurpose fields, 2 basketball courts, Volley ball court, Indoor and outdoor Badminton courts, Boxing ring, Library, Reading room, Labs for Computers, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Guru Nanak Academy in Dehradun is predominantly a Sikh institution. It does not believe in any distinction of caste, creed, economy and so on. Open-minded education is given to cultivate the young mind and to make them realize the rich cultural heritage of India.
Affiliation of Guru Nanak Academy
Guru Nanak Academy in Dehradun is a co-educational day school consisting of 1000 children. It is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi for ICSE Xth standard and ISC XIIth standard examination, since 1992.
Guru Nanak Academy of Dehradun is a part of the NCC Wing of Dehradun. For Class X students, Environmental Science has been introduced as an optional subject.
Sports Activities in School
Guru Nanak Academy in Dehradun takes special care in sports activities. The students are involved in Football, Hockey, Cricket, Basketball, Table Tennis, Volley Ball, Badminton, Athletics, Gymnastics, Boxing, and other sports.
Facilities in Guru Nanak Academy Dehradun
- Library: The students have a separate reading room facility and the library is provided with the latest journals, magazines, and dailies. There is a variety of video and audiotapes, DVD’s CD’s and VCD’s and pen drives.
- Computer Lab: The Computer Labs consist of about 20 computers of the latest configurations. The Internet, E-Mail and all latest modules are available in this field. The Computer Department is kept abreast of new and upcoming technical changes.
- Laboratories: The Physics, Chemistry and Biology Labs are well provided for and fulfill the vast spectrum of requirements prescribed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi. Separate Language and Maths rooms have been provided to the students for the smooth interchange of classes.
- Auditorium: All major functions and examinations are held in a spacious auditorium. There is a certain serenity and tranquility in the atmosphere as one enters the school perhaps it is in the holy name of Shri Guru Nanak that this magic of peace and calmness works.
Co-Curricular Activities in Guru Nanak Academy Dehradun
Variety programs, Dramatics, Educative Informative seminars with known Hon. Guest speakers and functions are organized in an exquisite manner by the staff members who are also in charge of different fields as per their talents, interests, and hobbies. Quiz contests, Elocution, compositions Debates, and Essay writing competitions are also organized from time to time. The facility of sports and physical education is provided by a team of experienced & trained instructors. Among the various games that are played and coached are soccer, hockey cricket, indoor cricket, basketball, table tennis, volleyball, badminton, chess, athletics, and gymnastics.
Admission in Guru Nanak Academy Dehradun
Admissions to the School are open to all during the months of April/May/June depending on vacancies on a first-come basis. All students seeking admission have to clear a Pre-admission/Entrance Test. The Principal reserves the right of deciding the class to which a student may be admitted. The school adheres to the 5 years class formula for fixing the age at the time of admission for Nursery plus 3 years plus.
For Kindergarten 4 years plus.
For 1st standard 5 years plus.
- The above calculation of years continues from Standard-II onwards.
- Admission will not be taken to Standards X (ICSE) & XII (ISC)
- Admission to Standard IX & XI will be as per the procedures of CISCE, New Delhi and the School authorities.
- For Nursery class a birth certificate in original has to be submitted along with the admission form/three recent passport photographs.
- At the time of admission the original report card of the previous class, a bonafide certificate, transfer certificate in original. Three recent passport-sized photographs must also be submitted.
- Admissions are made strictly on merit, any form of canvassing will automatically result in the rejection of candidature.