Established in 1953, The Heritage School is a co-educational school situated in Dehradun Uttarakhand. The medium of instruction is English. The school is affiliated to the Council of Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE). A well-known school in the city, the school aims to inculcate a safe and secure learning environment in which the student learns from the best.
The school understands the importance of the right balance between academics and sports and this organizes inter-house tournaments in Football, Cricket, Hockey, and Volleyball, etc. With over 60 years of existence, The Heritage School has made his name with good academic results and co-curricular excellence.
The Heritage School Dehradun Curriculum
The Heritage School adheres to the curriculum that is outlined by ICSE which ensures general education without any of the diversification of studies.
ICSE (Class X)
ICSE examination for class X allows students to sit for 6 subjects and Socially Useful Productive Work (SUPW). The standard of the examination assumes that a student has completed a course of ten years duration (Classes I-X).
ISC (Class XII)
The Indian School Certificate (ISC) Examination is designed with the recommendation of the New Education Policy 1986, after a two-year course of studies beyond the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
The Heritage School Dehradun Facilities
- Co-curricular Activities: The school believes strongly in inculcating the culture of on-stage activities games and sports. For the last 8 years, the school is organizing the ‘Shri Rotvitosh Memorial’ inter-school cricket competition which drew the participation of 24 schools in Dehradun.
- Library: The school library can accommodate more than 200 students at once and has a huge collection of books on all subjects, fiction or non-fiction.
- Science and Computer Labs: The computer labs are large, spacious and well-equipped with a computer for every student in the class so they can learn individually. The Physics, Chemistry, and Biology Labs are large, airy and well equipped with experienced and highly qualified teachers managing them.
- Sports: The Heritage School Dehardun keeps a regular check on the physical development of a student by academically organizing various sports activities like Football, Basketball, Chess, Cricket, Badminton, Table Tennis, Skating and other Athletic sports.
Admission to The Heritage School Dehradun
School Starts giving registration form for the next academic year with effect from 01 October every year.
- Admission Test takes place twice in a year, once in November and once in January.
- All candidates appear for admission tests.
- Candidates who qualify the tests are admitted.