Jaswant Modern School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, (CBSE) Delhi. The school is primarily meant to promote student’s intelligence, self-reliance and discipline. Punctuality and cleanliness are given special significance in the curriculum. The school also encourages students to participate in sports and co-curricular activities. The crest of JMS is the Luminous Lotus. The Lotus symbolises purity of thought and action. The lamp signifies the light of knowledge & wisdom. Education in JMS is followed by workshops and other interactive methods of instruction and students are encouraged to learn by doing it practically.
Established in 1949 with the blessings of His Holiness Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj of the Divine Life Society, The School has stood by the values of its illustrious founders. We strive for total Quality Education for all our students, Working on all dimensions of a child’s development academic, Physical, Creative, moral & spiritual. The School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education. The Central Board of Secondary Education is well known and is recognized not only in India but in many other countries as well.
Affiliation of Jaswant Modern School Dehradun
The school is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (New Delhi) and is open to boys and girls from classes Nursery to grade IX. The medium of instruction is English and the students are also taught Hindi, Sanskrit, and foreign languages. The students’ academic progress is closely monitored and encouraged.
Facilities in Jaswant Modern School Dehradun
- Laboratories: School maintains separate laboratories each for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, and Computer Science. These are equipped with adequate facilities and modern equipment. Internet facility is open to students to help them undertake project work.
- Language Lab: A state of art language lab has been arranged for teaching better conversation and communication skills which involves all four steps of listening, speaking, reading and writing. We have adequate software to teach foreign languages as well as mother tongue Hindi and Sanskrit.
- Audio-Visual Room: All classes are imparted audio-visual education. Films shown are graded keeping in mind the requirement of each class.
- Library: The School Library is open to all bonafide students of the school. One book will be issued to every student from Class onwards every week to promote reading habits.
- Boarding House: The boarding house takes a very limited number of admissions such as the boarders can be properly looked after and an individually sound, intellectual, moral and physical routine can be provided to boarders. Boarders imbibe leadership qualities, high moral character and sense of discipline here.
- Infirmary: Health care for children is given priority. The students are subjected to medical checks. An infirmary is maintained in the School with essential First Aid facilities.
- Transportation: A fleet of buses ferry students to school and back. All buses are equipped with the latest safety equipment and speed regulators. Specific bus routes are determined at the beginning Of each term. The school reserves the right to change bus routes. Parents are informed about the bus routes at the time of admission.
- Sports & Games: The School also provides facilities for sports like Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Athletics, Badminton, Lawn Tennis, Cricket, Hockey, Gymnastics, Roller & Inline Skating, Taekwondo, and other traditional and modern outdoor games.
Co-Curricular Activities in Jaswant Modern School Dehradun
An Annual Function is organized every year in October / November to give an opportunity to the students to take part in extracurricular activities and develop their personalities. Students of the school are encouraged to develop their aesthetic skills in the field of dramatics and art. Art & Craft are taught on a regular basis. Plays and Cultural functions are organized on the Annual Day and National Festivals. Debates and Elocution contests are also held periodically. Several cultural programs are organized in JMS throughout the year in which all students are encouraged to participate and display their talents. Special classes in the field of dance, theatre, art, personality development, Ikebana, Electronics, Pottery, Music, Gardening, Creative Writing, Ornithology, etc. are held.
Admissions to Jaswant Modern School
Applications for admission are accepted only when registrations are opened. The admission procedure includes tests and interviews. The aim of the test is to judge the caliber or the aptitude of the student. The registration form is attached to the prospectus, copies of which will be available from the school main office. Birth Certificate, TC, Marksheet, etc. are required for the admission.