Kasiga School is a co-educational, English medium residential school, affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) in Dehradun. Dehradun is one of the top most education hub in India.
The School provides the students with flexible opportunities for learning and expressing themselves. Each classroom has an open area at the back for learning through activity, both independently and collaboratively. Ample opportunities are given to the students to develop skills in public communication via debate, elocution, dramatics, and music.
Vision: To impart a liberal education with an emphasis on problem-solving skills, cooperation, mutual respect, a sense of responsibility and collaborative learning. To create world leaders who understand the value of humility.
Curriculum in Kasiga School, Dehradun
We have a broad and balanced curriculum, which is based on the guidelines established by the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) published by the NCERT.
The curriculum that we offer at the Junior and Middle School, consisting of Grades 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, covers the following subjects:
- English, Hindi, Foreign Language (Spanish) – for international students, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science
At senior school, we offer different subjects at different levels. For grades 9 – 10, the following subjects are offered:
- English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science
While for grades 11 – 12, we have different subject combinations:
- Science – English Core, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science/Biology, Mathematics/EP/Painting/Physical Education
- Commerce – English Core, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics/EP/Painting/Physical Education
- Humanities – English Core, Political Science, History, Economics/Psychology, Mathematics / EP / Painting / Physical Education
Facilities in Dehradun Kasiga School
- Wi-Fi environment, classrooms have 25 seats
- A Computer Lab, a Maths Lab, three music rooms, one Art room, one Design Technology Lab,
- Separate Physics, Chemistry & Biology Labs, a Library,
- Basketball Court, twin Tennis Courts, a Soccer/Hockey field, Cricket Practice nets
- Riding area, a 10 m Air Pistol Shooting Gallery, Athletic field and Yoga Pavilion
- Full time, qualified, residential Hospital Sister
- Daily supervisory presence of one of Dehradun’s prominent physicians.
- The dining hall is spacious and well planned. All meals, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, are planned by our Dietary Consultant keeping in mind the nutritional and dietary needs of growing children.
- Workshops are a regular feature and ensure that the faculty keeps abreast of the latest developments in the field of education. It also helps them in their understanding of learning outcomes. The school is committed to increasing its teacher development programs, both academic and non-academic.
Co-Curricular Activities in Kasiga School, Dehradun
- The various activities offered at Kasiga which help the child in developing his personality & confidence include – Cricket, Tennis, Swimming, Rifle Shooting, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Table Tennis. Students are encouraged to also take up Athletics, Gymnastics, and Yoga.
- At K?siga a creative art department encourages budding artists, to express their talent through a variety of mediums, overseen by experienced and specialist staff. The wide gamut of artistic creativity includes Watercolor, Acrylic and Oil painting, Pottery and Clay Modeling, Wall painting, Paper, and Bamboo Craft Sculpture.
- Specialized teachers discover, and nurture and refine the skills of students in various branches of music – both Western and Indian. Accomplished Odissi and Kathak dance teachers inculcate in both girl’s and boys’ grace and rhythm.
Admissions in Kasiga School is open for all communities, Without distinctions of caste, creed, color or religion, based on the availability of seats. All students seeking admission into K?siga should register themselves. Students who are registered will appear for a written assessment in November/ December each year.
- Registration is open for Class IV to IX and XI.
- The completed application form needs to be deposited to the Admission Office, along with a payment of Rs.15000/- as Registration Fee.
- The application form and the registration fee can also be deposited online.
For admission in K?siga School, Dehradun for Class IV, the age should be between 81/2 years and 91/2 years as on 1st April of the year of admission.
- The written assessment will test proficiency in English, Mathematics, Science, and Hindi.
- Questions will be based on the syllabus of the class that the student is currently in.
- After the written assessment, there will be an interaction between the parents and students with the Principal and the Admissions Committee.
The following documents (original and photocopy) must be submitted at the time of evaluation:
- Registration Card (which will be issued to you once you register with the School).
- Birth certificate, attested.
- Academic reports and certificates for the last three years.
- Individual passport size photographs (6) of the student and the parents.
- Aadhar Card of the student ( Indian National)