Settled in the beautiful city of Dehradun, Mount Fort Academy is a well-known education center that was started in April 2000. The school is based on the Vedic concept of “Aanobhadra kartvya Yantu Vishwatha” i.e. let the noble thoughts come to us from all sides. It follows the syllabuses of various subjects prepared for the ICSE & ISC curriculum (Affiliated to CISCE New Delhi).
Curriculum of Mount Fort Academy Dehradun
The school is affiliated to the council for the “Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi”, and prepares candidates from Grade Pre- K.G. to Grade XII in accordance with the syllabi prescribed by the board from time to time. The board follows the spiral curriculum approach. First, the basic facts of a subject are learned, and then more details are introduced.
Facilities in Mount Fort Academy Dehradun
- Digital Classroom: Mount Fort Academy has Digital classroom/Smart classes with new-age digital education empowering students to step in with the latest technology and have any time, anywhere access to quality study support. It aims to bring the best of global technology to provide an engaging child-centric teaching-learning environment in the classroom.
- Science Laboratories: In Mount Fort Academy, scientific temperament is nurtured through fully equipped and suitably designed laboratories. To ensure undivided attention, we have separate laboratories for each of the three sciences i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Here, Students are encouraged to use the facilities for enhancing their innovative and scientific skills.
- Computer Lab: MFA envisages for its students from Grade I onwards an effective Computer learning Programme. The advanced computer machines under the LAN environment with the latest software teaching material in accordance with the CISCE syllabus are being used in the school computer lab. Each student is provided with a computer with ample time under experienced, qualified and computer instructors.
- Library: The School Library facility enables, encourages and empowers teaching and learning for everyone. With a wide range of titles from visual books for the little ones to graded reading series at the next level, fiction and non-fiction titles besides encyclopedias for reference purposes, the school library aims to cater to every mind.
- Infirmary: The school has its own infirmary where the health record of every child is maintained and first aid is provided under expert supervision. We have nursing attendants in place for ensuring that all the emergencies are taken care of. Basic first-aid kits have been made available in high-risk areas such as the laboratories as well as on the school buses.
- Auditorium: Mount Fort Academy has a spacious auditorium for conducting various shows and events. The school further plans to have a sophisticated auditorium with Soundproof, High tech acoustic, and light systems. The School auditorium is a place to showcase the talents of our budding actors, poets, singers, and dancers. The creative streak of every child is identified and nurtured here. The soundproof auditorium hosts numerous events.
- Transport: The school has a well-managed transport system to commute its students to and fro on existing routes. This facility will be provided and charged for the entire academic session and cannot be availed in part thereof, except with the permission of the Principal/ Management. The school is planning to introduce a new school bus in the coming academic session.
Co-curricular Activities in Mount Fort Academy Dehradun
- Clubs & Activities: Mount Fort Academy has various clubs to promote the holistic development of the children and encourage students to participate in various programs and activities to broaden their horizons and experiences, which is important for their all-round development. We have well- managed clubs like Art club, Science club, Environment Club, Music & Dance club to name a few.
- Performing Arts: Performing Arts includes theater, plays, music, poem recitation and drama as well as mime, circus, and dance.
- Personality Development: Meditation and yoga are also introduced from the kindergarten level.? To develop a connection between the mind and the body customized yoga classes will help children improve their concentration skills.
- Sports Facility: School provides opportunities in Table Tennis, Athletics, Skating, Football, Badminton, Basket Ball, Kabaddi, Cricket, Judo Karate, and other Indoor and Outdoor games.
Admission Procedure in Mount Fort Academy Dehradun
Registration for admission from Pre-Nursery to class IX and XI generally opens from mid – October to March every academic year. Admissions to the students of class X and XII are only given in special transferable cases. Parents seeking admission for their wards should obtain an application form for registration and a prospectus from the school office. All the completed forms and documents should be submitted in the school office as per the rules and regulations are given in the school’s admission form.
Documents required at the time of admission:
- Admission Form duly completed
- Duly filled student medical Information Form
- Attested Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- School Transfer Certificate in original (Not applicable for Pre- Nursery)
- Attested Photocopy of Marksheet / Report Card (Not applicable for Pre- Nursery)
- Residential Proof
- Two Passport-sized photographs of Father / Mother / Guardian
- Two recent passport-sized photographs of the child.