Oak Grove School is a residential public school, currently owned and run by the Northern Railway. It is situated on hilltops covering 256 acres in Jharipani, Mussoorie, India. The Oak Grove School was started by the British East India Company on June 1, 1888. The students are the children of the Indian Railways employees with only 25% of the seats reserved for outsiders. At present, there are 560 students. The school is affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi.
Oak Grove School is a residential public school, currently owned and run by the Northern Railway. It is situated on hilltops covering 256 acres in Jharipani, Mussoorie, India.
The Oak Grove School was started by the British East India Company on June 1, 1888. The students are the children of the Indian Railways employees with only 25% of the seats reserved for outsiders. At present, there are 560 students.
Curriculum in Oak Grove School Mussoorie
The School is affiliated to the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), New Delhi, and the studies in the senior Classes reflect all the high and low points of the CBSE system. However, from Class III to Class VIII, education is characteristic of Oak Grove.
The level of education provided in these classes is slightly higher than the standard, so the students entering Class IX in the phase of centrally regulated syllabus find it quite easy! In the Junior Section ( Classes III to V ) – it is mainly about languages, Science, Social Sciences, Value Education and soft skills like music, dance, art, and crafts. Class IX onwards, the regulated CBSE syllabus is taught.
Facilities in Oak Grove School Mussoorie
- Smart Classroom: All the classroom of Junior Wing and Few Classes of Senior Wings are equipped with state of the art interactive touch boards with high-quality learning content as per CBSE Syllabus.
- Science Laboratories: There are 3 separate science laboratories with the latest apparatus to help the students get a practical feel of scientific postulates.
- Computer Laboratories: Full-fledged computer teaching was introduced in the school long time back and presently there are laboratories equipped with latest configuration in computer systems and wireless broadband internet connection.
- Library: The school has separate libraries in each wing so that the books periodicals and newspapers are easily available to the students.
- Gymnasium: Gymnasiums for Boys and Girls are equipped with modern state of the art equipment.
- Language Labs: To increase the proficiency of students in Spoken English, Language Labs have been set up in the 03 wings of the school.
Co-curricular Activities in Oak Grove School Mussoorie
- Activities: Activities like Debate, Declamation, Dramatics, Quiz, Music, Art, Painting, Dancing, Craftwork, Needlework, etc. are wholeheartedly promoted and encouraged amongst the students. Training in Scouts and Guides is also imparted in the students.
- Games & Sports: Facilities are available for a wide range of indoor and outdoor games like Hockey, Football, Cricket, Basketball, Tennis, Table-Tennis, Badminton, Squash, etc.. The school organizes inter-house & inter-school competitions to raise the standards of performance.
Admission in Oak Grove School
Students seeking Admission to Oak Grove School, Jharipani will have to fill and submit the application online and also pay the application fee online. The notification for admission to Class III is issued in the month of August for the upcoming session. Notification for admission to other classes will be issued only if seats fall vacant in respective classes, generally after the month of November.
Admission to Class III is granted on the basis of the performance of Child in the Entrance Test (Paper and pen mode) which is generally conducted on the last Sunday of November. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview/Activity Test. Admission test basically aims at judging the aptitude of Child in English, Maths and General Knowledge with special emphasis on the understanding of English Language and Proficiency in Spoken and Written English.
- Date of Birth (DOB) Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation or competent authority.
- Aadhar Card
- Original Transfer Certificate (TC) from school last attended
- Duly filled in Students Record Form as supplied by the school.
- Duly filled in Employee Certificate supplied by the School (For railway employees only)