Olympus High School Dehradun is an English medium day cum residential co educational school located near FCI Godwon, Niranjanpur in the education city of Dehradun. It provides day boarding as well as residential facility and is governed by Dr. Gajendra Singh Pundeer Memorial Trust (Regd.).
The school laid its foundation on 17th February 1999 with the motto of ‘HONESTY COURAGE PERSEVERANCE’. The school started its Playgroup circle from 15th July 1999. It has a strength of about 500 students presently. The school logo symbolizes a sun indicating the eternal truth and a stag, which is the wand ever in search of knowledge. The school has experienced and competent faculty for academic excellence and all-round development of students personality.
Curriculum in Olympus High School Dehradun
The academics systems at Olympus High follow a fourfold track:
- The Primary School Program ( Pre Nursery To Grade 5),
- The Middle School Program ( Grade 6 to 8 ),
- The Secondary Education ( Grade 9 & 10 ),
- The Senior Secondary Education Program ( Grade 11 & 12).
Facilities in Olympus High School Dehradun
- Boarding: Olympus High has boarding facilities available to students from class 1 upwards. The culture of a Residential school has been gradually established. The boarding area provides each student with modular furnishing and personal space. Good hygiene is maintained in all the amenities and the conveniences made available to students. The caring and understanding support staff including housekeepers, ayahs, laundry, and maintenance staff, wardens and the principal and teachers guide and pay special attention to the hostel students.
- Infirmary: The school’s infirmary has a well-qualified doctor. At the same time, the school has tie-ups with top doctors and hospitals across Dehradun to cater to any medical need. A special van is on campus 24 X 7 for the same purpose.
- Digital Classroom: The classrooms are spacious and well ventilated, with sufficient lighting. Smart Class Rooms with interactive boards have been installed to keep abreast with the latest advancement in the teaching methodology.
- Laboratories: The school has Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer as well as Digital Language and Home science lab.
- Security: The school campus is safe and secure for all the students with proper fencing in the form of boundary walls. The school has CCTV cameras to monitor all the entry and exit points. At the same time, there are well-trained security guards, adequate fire fighting systems in store which make the campus a safe and secure place for your students.
Olympus High School Co-Curricular Activities
The students are offered not only classroom teaching but are also exposed to various outdoor and indoor games in which they actively participate like Yoga, Music, Art, Dance, Drama, Debate, Public Speaking, Quiz, etc.
Admission in Olympus High School
Any student who seeks admission, need to register for the new session. Registration fees for Junior Section (PG- III) are 2000 and for Senior Section (IV-X) is 2500 which is non-refundable.
Entrance Exam is valid for class I-X and for classes PG, Nursery and KG there will be only oral interaction with the child. Once the registration is done, the student will be provided with the syllabus of the concerned class and date of the entrance exam. In this exam, the student has to score an overall 80% or above to get admission in day school. If the student scores less than 80% then he/she will get admission in day boarding. If the student scores less than 50% then there will no admission for that student.
A candidate who fulfills the pre-admission procedure can avail admission by paying necessary admission dues as defined in the current year’s fee structure and dully signed admission form. At the time of admission, the student has to submit documents which are: Transfer Certificate, Birth Certificate, Adhaar Card, and Passport size photograph – 1.