Oxford School of Excellence is an English Medium day school for boys and girls in Dehra Dun, which is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (C.I.S.C.E.) India. It provides comprehensive educational facilities for children from Playschool till Class XII.
The school is located amid the mesmerizing scenic beauty of towering mountains, lush forests, and rivers of the beautiful green Doon valley. It provides a pollution-free environment which is a boon to its children. Over the years this institution has played a pivotal role in shaping the personalities of students.
Curriculum in Oxford School Of Excellence, Dehradun
The Academic Session begins in early April and ends in March after the final year end examinations. In order to successfully complete a school year, all students are required to achieve a minimum of 40% in each subject and a minimum of 75% attendance is compulsory.
Facilities in Oxford School Of Excellence, Dehradun
- Library: A School’s library gives its student responsibility and ownership for their own learning and develops research skills.
- Play School: The school runs the playschool under the name of The Poly Kids. The Poly Kids is a registered entity in Australia and an internationally acclaimed, well designed early childhood learning framework is being followed.
- Laboratory: Social Science lab is well ventilated and contains extensive equipment, models, samples, sketches, maps, globes and a wide range of learning material.
- Sports: The school provides comprehensive sports opportunities including cricket, basketball, badminton, table tennis and field and track sports.
- Audio/Visual Rooms: The spacious rooms at OSE can accommodate more than 500 students at one time. Projection of movies and Shakespeare plays is done in a separate projection room which accommodates approximately 100 children.
- Smart classes: The school has “Smart Class” facility to make teaching and learning a pleasure, and add ease of access and fun to the process.
Admission in Oxford School Of Excellence, Dehradun
The academic year commences in April. Parents are requested to collect and fill the application form as early as possible and the students will be required to sit for an entrance exam. The syllabus for each standard would be provided at the time of the fulfilment of the application formalities and procedures. After the examination has been taken, the parents will receive an offer or rejection letter. Students who perform exceptionally well in the entrance exams may qualify for a scholarship.